Why wasn"t this front page news? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Why wasn"t this front page news?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

PO2 Monsoor is a true hero and one of many people I hope to emulate.

However, I do need to point something out, he is not an EOD tech, he was a full fledged Trident-wearing SEAL.

Markerdown, what was your AFSC? I'm a Services myself.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 06-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #12

My primary AFSC was 462x later redesignated to the present 2W1. I didn't have the normal career. Numerous special assignments which brought me in contact with other branches of service at a diversified type of operating locations. This led to more different assignments that most 46's would just shake thir heads at in disbelief. ................markerdown

USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Old 06-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by markerdown View Post
My primary AFSC was 462x later redesignated to the present 2W1. I didn't have the normal career. Numerous special assignments which brought me in contact with other branches of service at a diversified type of operating locations. This led to more different assignments that most 46's would just shake thir heads at in disbelief. ................markerdown
Fair enough. I sorta know how that goes. I'm Services, but I've done 100+ convoys in a 180 day deployment and earned my AFCAM thanks to my crappy driving.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

Old 06-13-2009, 12:46 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher View Post
Fair enough. I sorta know how that goes. I'm Services, but I've done 100+ convoys in a 180 day deployment and earned my AFCAM thanks to my crappy driving.
100 +convoys in 180days...Freakin'-A, Congrats on the AFCAM!!!!! Yeah buddy!!!!

No such animal for old guys like me. They handed out MSMs and if it was in the designated time frame of the operation, with hostile fire, a bronze star.

USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Old 06-13-2009, 12:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by markerdown View Post
100 +convoys in 180days...Freakin'-A, Congrats on the AFCAM!!!!! Yeah buddy!!!!

No such animal for old guys like me. They handed out MSMs and if it was in the designated time frame of the operation, with hostile fire, a bronze star.
Most of the convoys were short little mail/food/personnel runs, so I don't think they count but that's the number that was put on my LOE so I'll stick with it. I personally would of rather had a MSM or BS than a AFCAM, promotion points that way!

Old 11-01-2010, 04:06 AM   #16

Likes Given: 7

I'm somehow not shocked to hear this never made front page news. Regardless of how old this story is, it gave me chills up my spine to imagine the sound of the tridents being slapped onto the coffin as it proceeded past the men.

I've unfortunately been to a few military funerals of friends who've served. Its near impossible to not get choked up when the taps play. I think witnessing that procession would be hard to swallow.

-Adam
Owner / Bullets and Brass, LLC
Gilroy, California