Why Parents Drink.....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Why Parents Drink.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 02:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Default Why Parents Drink.....

I requisitioned this for some parent revue. I found it funny...and very spot on, at the same time.

Why Parents Drink

A father passing by his son's bedroom was astonished to see that his bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then he saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow that was addressed to 'Dad.' With the worst premonition he opened the envelope with trembling hands and read the letter.

Dear Dad:

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with Mom and you. I have been finding real passion with Stacy and she is so nice. But I knew you would not approve of her because of all her piercing, tattoos, tight motorcycle clothes and the fact that she is much older than I am. But it's not only the passion...Dad she's pregnant.

Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children.
Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves and trading it with the other people that live nearby for cocaine and ecstasy. In the meantime we will pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Stacy can get better. She deserves it. Don't worry Dad. I'm 15 and I know how to take care of myself. Someday I'm sure that we will be back to visit so that you can get to know your grandchildren.

Love, Your Son John

PS. Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at Timmy's house. I Just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than a Report card That's in my center desk drawer.

I love you. Call me when it's safe to come home.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Very good
I'm stealing

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-18-2011, 02:41 AM   #3

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

I lol'd

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 02-18-2011, 03:06 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Wish I had thought of that when I was a kid. Would have saved me many a session with the belt!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:13 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Why couldn't I have been that smart?!?! wait a minute...DANG!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-18-2011, 03:17 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1284 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 75

I was a hockey player, and I was tough. I met everything head on. Lost every one of those with my Dad on report cards. Maybe I should have put on a helmet, and I might have been smart enough to write that. Could not have hurt like some of the report cards did.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:21 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This remindes me of what my cousin did to my aunt 4 years ago... He wrapped about 12 christmas gifts and all of them contained infant clothes. he then gave her a really sincere card saying that he loved her and hoped she wouldnt be mad and that she was goin to be a grandmother. my aunt was thrilled and wanted to call his girlfriend right way. except my cousin had to tell her it was a joke. she kicked his @$$ all over the place because she wanted to be a grandmother and he lied to her! pretty interesting christmas to say the least!

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 02-18-2011, 04:04 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 02-18-2011, 04:09 AM   #9

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Perspective...

But that letter would not have worked on my mom.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."