Why the NRA is so Powerful?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Why the NRA is so Powerful?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 809 Times on 527 Posts
Likes Given: 931

Default Why the NRA is so Powerful?

http://www.youtube.com/user/LearnLiberty?feature=watch

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #2

Liked 1217 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 387

Good video, but what exactly does it have to do with the NRA's power?

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Good video, but what exactly does it have to do with the NRA's power?
Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

depressing video. Also, inaccurate. Having an effect on government performance is cumulative. It takes more than just a handful of people to pay attention. I would argue that even given the basic knowledge of what a democracy is, the decision to ignore the processes that make it work is not only irrational, it's stupid.

If you are crossing the street, you have a basic understanding of the consequences of being hit by a car. Only someone truly stupid would ignore the movement of the those cars and just walk out into traffic. Ignoring how a process works when it is something that can have an effect on your life is not rational.

The problem with voter apathy isn't about a cost-benefit anything. The problem is a fundamental misunderstanding of what the consequences are if one fails to understand the process.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson