Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > why live where you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 132 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum27 View Post
I live in the brutal state of Illinois. I do so because of work in software sales and my family is here. the economy is good, politics brutal, and gun laws pathetic. I will move once my youngest graduates college but that is a LONG 12 years from now.

I love the Carolinas as well as Utah and Colorado. I do like FL but seems like a lot of crazy people are there. I need to live in a pretty decent size city for so that will be a challenge.
I think unless you are of a similar persuation that you will find Utahans very strange. If you like mountains and hiking and backpacking and elk then Colorado would be perfect for you.

Colorado is where a lot of California hunters go to get away from the insanity and to be around real people briefly again.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I'm free.

Not on all things, but most.

Texas has a don't mess with me I won't mess with you mentality. Most of the State is very polite as well, wave, make eye contact, know your neighbors and what not.
Go Houston! Win the Superbowl. Lots of us here in California are cheering for them. Mostly because we hate the other NFL teams though.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I live where I live because of school. I like Texas for their concept of freedom, but the ol lady says no. Will end up in Colorado most likely, but would prefer Wyoming or Montana for the same reasons as Texas, but more scenic. I'll never live in a left leaning state.
Well if you cannot stay in Texas then Colorado is still a pretty good place instead.

Substitute world class climbing-mountains for the prairie, world class skiing, world class elk hunting, backpacking, hiking. Sort of like Texas except with their own Alps everywhere.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
I don't often turn people on to our state...primarily because I don't want a bunch of "misplaced" libs coming here and trying to change it. But, I live in Ok. The weather is tolerable, as long as it's not blowing in a "tight circular fashion", if you catch my drift. We have CC/CWP. The people are friendly and conservative. I think our senators rank #1 and #4 in that regard. To give you an example, in 2008 all 77 counties went for the republican ticket. We have GREAT football here at all levels. (except pro)

Unless you are a lib...in that case, "ain't nuttin' don h'year 'cept wagons, tepees, an' dry, red dirt".
The most famous quote about Oklahoma is by John Steinbeck in The Grapes Of Wrath:

"Okie used to mean you wuz from Oklahoma, but now (circa 1930s) it means you are a no-good dirty rotten ... "

Just quoting.

Chandler no wonder you and I disagree about just about everything.

Now I get why.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I moved back here to the are because of a job in 95 then met my wife. Davenport is now the city where I have lived the longest period of time. She's not too keen on moving, but I would love to convince her someday of moving to Florida (where I lived the longest other than this area).

AZ would be good as well, but she's convinced nothing grows there. She's a very serious gardner.
You live where my father grew up and played football. Small world.

But he joined the U.S. Army to get away from there.

Florida was his favorite place in the world. Gainesville specifically.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #86
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2604 Times on 1370 Posts
Likes Given: 202

I live where I live because my wife lives there. I would not want to live away from her. If she moved to Kommiefornia, I would move there....long enough to put her back in the truck and haul her back to Texas, by God!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #87

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
I live where I live because my wife lives there. I would not want to live away from her. If she moved to Kommiefornia, I would move there....long enough to put her back in the truck and haul her back to Texas, by God!
Good thing I don't drink coffee...

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 01-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #88
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
ROFLMAO. Thats how I would feel about it.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 01-11-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #89

Liked 698 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 726

Because Id rather be able to walk to my "shootin spot" than the store...

Old 01-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #90

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee

Well if you cannot stay in Texas then Colorado is still a pretty good place instead.

Substitute world class climbing-mountains for the prairie, world class skiing, world class elk hunting, backpacking, hiking. Sort of like Texas except with their own Alps everywhere.
Ok world class elk hunting units in colorado have a prefrence point system most are 12 to 18 points which is 12 to 18 yrs applying for the tag lot of good public land in southern co for elk yes but the primo takes alot of points to draw I hunt with my brother an father in law in colorado every yr