why live where you do? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

why live where you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I live in west Texas because of the oilfield I really don't like it here. Just more of a south Texas kinda guy I like trees water and all that. None of wich you will find around here. The damned air smells like your sucking on a tail pipe all day long

Old 01-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #32
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3577 Times on 1723 Posts
Likes Given: 1782

I live in God's Country in the hills of Tennessee!
Where the country boys know how to survive!
And almost every home has a gun or fifty!
Liberals do not fair so well down here!

dale-hollow-fall.jpg  

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #33

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Good ol'Utah. Economy is good. State gun is the 1911. Mountains, what more could you want.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #34

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Mexico, instead of worrying about the ATF they'll deliver guns to you if you live there!
Good one!

Old 01-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #35

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Well... I live here because a can't find a way to escape, Venezuela it's a paradise, a beautiful country, I can swim in a white sands beach in the morning and sleep at 4500 meters above sea level (14.500 ft of altitude) by night. It's a small country with a nice people... it's a shame that communist have taken advantage of poverty and ruined it during this 12 years of nightmare, this is a electoral year, I wish that our people wake-up and vote against Chavez communism, however fix all the damage and hate that Chavez planted in Venezuela it will take more than 12 years.
Now I'm doing the paperwork to move out to Canada.
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 01-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #36
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I'm free.

Not on all things, but most.

Texas has a don't mess with me I won't mess with you mentality. Most of the State is very polite as well, wave, make eye contact, know your neighbors and what not.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #37

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
After twenty years in the San Francisco Bay area and 30 years in suburban Atlanta I retired back to the 39 acres of my old home place in the hill country of North Mississippi that I inherited from Dad. The land he inherited from his Dad. I can see the house I was born in just down the ridge. I can fish the ponds I swam in as a kid, hunt squirrel along the same creek banks he and I hunted. For me, it's a good place to be.
Are you sure you did not DIE and go to Heaven? Sure sounds like heaven to me!

Old 01-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #38

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36
After twenty years in the San Francisco Bay area and 30 years in suburban Atlanta I retired back to the 39 acres of my old home place in the hill country of North Mississippi that I inherited from Dad. The land he inherited from his Dad. I can see the house I was born in just down the ridge. I can fish the ponds I swam in as a kid, hunt squirrel along the same creek banks he and I hunted. For me, it's a good place to be.
I also moved back to N. Mississippi after living in the Portland Or. Area for 16 years. When I was growing up getting away from the Memphis area was the plan. N. MS. had nothing for me. Then I moved back in 2003. Know I understand about the home spot. Our family has 22 acres and like ellis36 I'm back trudging thru the land that my brothers and I played on 40 years ago. There is something to be said for being home.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1053 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 654

Yeah. Sometimes I can't believe I'm back. Sometimes I wonder why I left. I wish I could have come back while Dad was still here. He would have really been happy. This land meant a lot to him. But I guess there is a plan in life. Seems it all worked out in the end. I have to believe he knows I'm here.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #40

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I was lucky enough to get back for a couple years before he died of cancer. He wants the boys to keep the land that he put the "new house " smack dab on a lot line. Lol