why live where you do? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > why live where you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I live here, in sunny southern California, because i don't yet have the money to make it where I want to go, Utah

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 01-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #22
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7024 Times on 4227 Posts
Likes Given: 8463

I live where I live because my elderly Father is here as are my children and grandchildren. I can't bear to leave them.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 144 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I'm stuck in hellafornianakistan. Mainly because I was born and raised in san diego, but both my wife and I want to move away. We just can't agree on where to go. She wants to move to Ireland and I prefer to stay stateside, Oklahoma, Montana, Alaska? It just takes money and job.

Brian

Brian

Brian

Old 01-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #24

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I am a born and raised Minnesotan, but I've been to all but 3 states. I live here because; 1-Economy is good to excellant. 2-Living standards are very good 3-Hunting and Fishing is plentiful 4-Family attachments. I'd love to live in the west or southwest ie; Texas, Arizona, Colorado -because, I'm getting tired of short summers and harsh winters. But, the west and southwest are being over-run with low income jobs due to excessive immigration and illegals...It's a shame really....I'll probably just stay here.

Charles Kuralt's #1 Vacation Destination- Ely, MN, he wrote that "The people who live here say that you could paddle a canoe for 100 years and visit a different lake every day."

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Last edited by Sonic82; 01-09-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Still live at home for now, and I will probably continue to live here until I find a job that you can actually support yourself with (I can't even find one period). I plan on staying here in Texas. The state pride is huge, I like our indpendent of everyone else attitude, and our laws for the most part are reasonable and fine with me. There are a few things I wish they'd change like allowing open carry (better yet Constitutional carry) and allowing concealed carry on college campuses. But overall, it is a very gun friendly enviroment around here. There are very few states that I would concider living in other then Texas. New Mexico, Arizona, Montana, Oklahoma, and Alaska are basically the only ones that really appeal to me, though I have been through Arkansas and Missouri and wouldn't mind living there either.
I already have a plan for where I want to live that will allow me to both find a good civil engineer job, and live way out in the country (small city by the name of Sherman Texas. You can drive 20-30 miles out from it and be in the country.) Hopefully, in 20 years I will have my dream house with 50-100 acres of land and a personal range (nothing fancy, just some benches and pleny of targets at varying ranges).

I want the house to look something like this only not quite as big and have it sit on top of a large hill.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGO View Post
We have been living in OK for almost 7 years now. Moved from CA because we were getting suffocated by all the bullchit there. It was hard at first for me living right in the middle of 25 acres in the country because I was a city girl. I don't like the harsh winters here at all and I flip out when we get tornado warnings. But I survived it so far. One thing I have learned about myself living here is that I am much stronger than I thought I was. Country living makes you stronger. And I sure like the peace and quiet....
Go to any state in, or near New England for a winter and it will make an OK winter look like nothing. Trust me, 6 months in Virginia changed how I look at winter.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #27

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Northern Virgnia for the money and the schools. After my son graduates my wife and I will consider moving elsewhere.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #28

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Go to any state in, or near New England for a winter and it will make an OK winter look like nothing. Trust me, 6 months in Virginia changed how I look at winter.
Yeah...Ok has about 2-3 weeks of snow/ice typically that can be BRUTAL. Primarily because we just don't handle it well. I lived in St Louis for a year & a half and snow was on the ground for over two months, so I don't mind the ones here now.

The nighttime twisters...yeah, those can be a bit of a "gut check". Especially if you are out on the farm with no sirens. :0

Old 01-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 659 Times on 308 Posts
Likes Given: 380

After twenty years in the San Francisco Bay area and 30 years in suburban Atlanta I retired back to the 39 acres of my old home place in the hill country of North Mississippi that I inherited from Dad. The land he inherited from his Dad. I can see the house I was born in just down the ridge. I can fish the ponds I swam in as a kid, hunt squirrel along the same creek banks he and I hunted. For me, it's a good place to be.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
Why do you live where you live? Do you live where you want to? If not, why not? Show us the light, where should all of us constitutional, gun toting nuts take up residence.

Personally, I live in Virginia beach, Virginia because the us navy said so. It's the only place to find the unit I'm with. I'd rather live in Mississippi again. I think their only down fall is poor economy and poor job opportunities. But coming to the end of my contract and facing the possibility of leaving the military, where should I take a good long look at?

EXPENDABLE
I live in central Florida. Because there is something in the air, perhaps the sunrays,
salinity of the ocean, or whatever it is, but it makes me feel like an agile twenty-year old again.
Plus, too, the gun laws are most satisfyingly relaxed here.