why live where you do? - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > why live where you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #91
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
Do you hunt, VikingDad?

Where do you usually go?

I like the Hwy 4 corridor through the Sierra.

I also like Cherry Lake just west of Yosemite.

What about you?
I hunt my own land and some other private lands around here. Lots of game to be had as there are not lots of hunters around here and there is a lot of public park land that cannot be hunted. I also hunt a large cattle ranch in Tres Pinos (pigs). Never hunted the Sierra.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #92
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I currently live in Florence Montana, bout 15 miles south of Missoula. I wasn't too much of a fan when I first moved here, however now that my time here is drawing to an end I am starting to think I'll miss it. The people are very friendly and the gun laws aren't too shabby either.

In the end though my heart will always lie in Colorado. Though I'd like to live a little more off the grid then where I do right now, nothing beats 300 days of sunshine, the hiking, rafting, and numerous other activities you can do there. Gun laws aren't bad at all. I can't wait to go back. We do have a lot of Cali transplants but most of them seem to be alright. Though we do have a bone to pick with all the Texans coming and filling up our ski slopes in the winter

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #93
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hot2handle View Post
Though we do have a bone to pick with all the Texans coming and filling up our ski slopes in the winter
Bring it on.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #94

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hot2handle
I currently live in Florence Montana, bout 15 miles south of Missoula. I wasn't too much of a fan when I first moved here, however now that my time here is drawing to an end I am starting to think I'll miss it. The people are very friendly and the gun laws aren't too shabby either.

In the end though my heart will always lie in Colorado. Though I'd like to live a little more off the grid then where I do right now, nothing beats 300 days of sunshine, the hiking, rafting, and numerous other activities you can do there. Gun laws aren't bad at all. I can't wait to go back. We do have a lot of Cali transplants but most of them seem to be alright. Though we do have a bone to pick with all the Texans coming and filling up our ski slopes in the winter
Here in Oklahoma, we handle our Texas "bone pickin'" on the FOOTBALL field.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #95

Liked 353 Times on 259 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Ok world class elk hunting units in colorado have a prefrence point system most are 12 to 18 points which is 12 to 18 yrs applying for the tag lot of good public land in southern co for elk yes but the primo takes alot of points to draw I hunt with my brother an father in law in colorado every yr
It's over-the-counter walk-on with archery. So you just need to learn to shoot a compound bow.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #96

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
The most famous quote about Oklahoma is by John Steinbeck in The Grapes Of Wrath:

"Okie used to mean you wuz from Oklahoma, but now (circa 1930s) it means you are a no-good dirty rotten ... "

Just quoting.

Chandler no wonder you and I disagree about just about everything.

Now I get why.
I think it just has more to do with the fact you are an @$$...

Old 01-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #97

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

What's next with you two, gonna bring family in the mix?

Old 01-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #98

Liked 3231 Times on 1621 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Quote:
I think unless you are of a similar persuation that you will find Utahans very strange.
What could you possibly mean by that?? I'm plenty strange without being of the local predominant religion.
Seriously though, I presume you are talking about the predominant faith here?
FWIW, Me & the family are transplants. In the more populous areas there has been enough influx of "outsiders" to kind of temper some of the overt stuff. Mormons tend to be cordial/polite to us outsiders at the very least. They are typically good neighbors. Quiet & polite, and as a non mormon, they tend to not get into your business. Being up here around the base, it's more of a melting pot than some areas.
I got stationed at Hill AFB back in 03. Retired here in 06. Utah has a lot going for it. Fishing, hunting, skiing, etc. I'm more "indoorsy," though I'll be ready to break out the Triumph when the weather warms up.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 01-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #99

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084
What could you possibly mean by that?? I'm plenty strange without being of the local predominant religion.
Seriously though, I presume you are talking about the predominant faith here?
FWIW, Me & the family are transplants. In the more populous areas there has been enough influx of "outsiders" to kind of temper some of the overt stuff. Mormons tend to be cordial/polite to us outsiders at the very least. They are typically good neighbors. Quiet & polite, and as a non mormon, they tend to not get into your business. Being up here around the base, it's more of a melting pot than some areas.
I got stationed at Hill AFB back in 03. Retired here in 06. Utah has a lot going for it. Fishing, hunting, skiing, etc. I'm more "indoorsy," though I'll be ready to break out the Triumph when the weather warms up.
I'll be a transplant soon enough
Tell ya what, it gets really cold around Scipio, especially with no fairing or windshield.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:24 AM   #100

Liked 3231 Times on 1621 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
I'll be a transplant soon enough
Tell ya what, it gets really cold around Scipio, especially with no fairing or windshield.
I hope your not moving to Scipio. It's not quite the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from there
Cold, was riding up to Cedar Breaks on July 4th with a mesh jacket.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand