Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   The Club House (
-   -   why live where you do? (

countryboy 01-08-2012 03:28 PM

why live where you do?
Why do you live where you live? Do you live where you want to? If not, why not? Show us the light, where should all of us constitutional, gun toting nuts take up residence.

Personally, I live in Virginia beach, Virginia because the us navy said so. It's the only place to find the unit I'm with. I'd rather live in Mississippi again. I think their only down fall is poor economy and poor job opportunities. But coming to the end of my contract and facing the possibility of leaving the military, where should I take a good long look at?

Mosin 01-08-2012 03:30 PM

I live where I live because of school. I like Texas for their concept of freedom, but the ol lady says no. Will end up in Colorado most likely, but would prefer Wyoming or Montana for the same reasons as Texas, but more scenic. I'll never live in a left leaning state.

Mosin 01-08-2012 03:32 PM

But with the way this country is headed I could find more freedoms in another country. So that's always an option.

countryboy 01-08-2012 03:34 PM

Which country? Not a challenge, I'm just curious.

Chandler51 01-08-2012 03:39 PM

I don't often turn people on to our state...primarily because I don't want a bunch of "misplaced" libs coming here and trying to change it. But, I live in Ok. The weather is tolerable, as long as it's not blowing in a "tight circular fashion", if you catch my drift. We have CC/CWP. The people are friendly and conservative. I think our senators rank #1 and #4 in that regard. To give you an example, in 2008 all 77 counties went for the republican ticket. We have GREAT football here at all levels. (except pro) :(

Unless you are a that case, "ain't nuttin' don h'year 'cept wagons, tepees, an' dry, red dirt". ;)

Mosin 01-08-2012 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by countryboy
Which country? Not a challenge, I'm just curious.

Iraq, the civilians in Iraq are afforded more gun rights by our government than Americans at home are.
Kidding about living there.
I wouldn't mind Switzerland but I know there's a few hoops to jump through to live there. There's a few south American and central American countries that appeal to me as well.

trip286 01-08-2012 03:46 PM

Born and raised in Mississippi, no place I'd rather be. But like country boy says, the economy sucks here. Yeah there are new jobs cropping up all the time, but not anywhere near enough to put us back to work, not even enough to put a dent in our unemployment.

When I finish school I'm going to follow the money, try to find a nice secure job anywhere I can, but I'll stay out of the left leaning states too if at all possible.

Mosin 01-08-2012 03:52 PM

Mexico, instead of worrying about the ATF they'll deliver guns to you if you live there!

firedawg60 01-08-2012 03:58 PM

It's where I grew up and where my job least for now. Getting too damn old to move around too much.

c3shooter 01-08-2012 04:25 PM

Native of Virginia- bounced around many places, wound up back here. If you stay away from the Beltway and large urban areas, it's pretty good.

But when I retire for good, I am looking at Belize. Buy a 48 ft motor/sailer, and become a gun runner.