Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Why I live in the Boondocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 111 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 133

In my rural homestead, the world is my urinal!

Neighbors know each other by first and last names and tend to be polite..people in cities remind me of overcrowded rats...always fighting, bickering and chewing each other ears and tails off trying to get just a nose or whisker ahead of the other poor bastard.

Deer in my back yard to enjoy

I have a large pile of dirt that is a functional shooting range for handguns...I have always wanted that...now I am complete.

Elbow room and I seldom overhear any of my neighbors conversations....and I can have dogs not on a leash!

Old 08-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #32
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8449 Times on 3666 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

On a spring evening, I can stand on the back deck- and hear nothing but frogs and whippoorwills.

I hear my neighbors opening day of dove and deer seasons.

Neighborhood teens that say yes sir and no ma'am- and hold the door open at the store.

Watching teens on their way to the prom pull the pickup in at the local store so the girl can show her gown to the lady working there.

When I stop by the Registrar's office to file an absentee ballot, and they call you by name when you walk in.

If your hunting dog gets lost, someone will pen him, give him a drink of water, and call you.

Fresh sweet corn means it was on the stalk 10 minutes ago.

Slide in the ditch in winter, someone with a tow strap will be along.

Cutting grass- and have a fawn walk over to check you out.

Micah, Chapter 4, verse 4. But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid.

house-003.jpg

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 08-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #33

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I live here because I was born and raised here.
I love it. Acres of woods all to yourself. You can go out an shoot tannerite in your back yard, drive 4 wheelers all day, and do whatever you want!

Old 08-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #34

Liked 1115 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
On a spring evening, I can stand on the back deck- and hear nothing but frogs and whippoorwills.

I hear my neighbors opening day of dove and deer seasons.

Neighborhood teens that say yes sir and no ma'am- and hold the door open at the store.

Watching teens on their way to the prom pull the pickup in at the local store so the girl can show her gown to the lady working there.

When I stop by the Registrar's office to file an absentee ballot, and they call you by name when you walk in.

If your hunting dog gets lost, someone will pen him, give him a drink of water, and call you.

Fresh sweet corn means it was on the stalk 10 minutes ago.

Slide in the ditch in winter, someone with a tow strap will be along.

Cutting grass- and have a fawn walk over to check you out.

Micah, Chapter 4, verse 4. But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid.

Attachment 112215
Sound like you live in a community similar to mine. Except the kids don't hold the door open.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1656 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1251

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
I was driving into work today through a small Village that surrounds the Campus Ive worked at for the last 19 years. As I drove by the center I noticed a Lady walking her doggie and dangling out of her free hand was a bag of Dog Poop! I had to chuckle, they do try hard to keep the Village Dog Poo free but I just never imagined myself walking my dog with a scooper and baggy!

Thats when I had the brilliant Idea to start a Why I live in the Boondocks Thread. There are so many things about villages and cities that I just can never get over, thats why I live in the middle of nowhere relatively speaking. Add to this as you may, I know you feel the same way I do if you choose to live where others dont!

My first entry is, I live in the Boondocks so that I dont have to carry bags of Dog Poop around!
Setting on the front porch watching a light rain fall and the deer graze in the front yard with thunder rumbling for back ground acoustics. Doesn't get much better than that!!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #36

Liked 2355 Times on 1532 Posts

I just came home and saw a doe with two hyperactive fawns playing across the road from me. I walk out of my yard to the woods to hunt. And yes, taking a leak in my front yard is priceless.

Feral cat waterboarder

rockratt Likes This