Why I live in the Boondocks - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Why I live in the Boondocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
...I finished my brandy new deck on my Village home; me and my wife were sitting out on a warm summer day enjoying a beer and I realized I could hear 4 separate conversations going on in the yards around my house, not peaceful! Thats another reason I Live in the Boondocks, I dont like hearing my neighbors business and have no wish for them to hear mine.

Perhaps, a little poop grenade!
Regarding the conversation overhearing: I have wondered if this is why my more rural friends are so much louder than people from in town.

Re: poo grenades

I don't think that is dirt on the sign.

People Like This 
Old 07-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1904 Times on 833 Posts
Likes Given: 1431

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
I was driving into work today through a small Village that surrounds the Campus Ive worked at for the last 19 years. As I drove by the center I noticed a Lady walking her doggie and dangling out of her free hand was a bag of Dog Poop! I had to chuckle, they do try hard to keep the Village Dog Poo free but I just never imagined myself walking my dog with a scooper and baggy!

Thats when I had the brilliant Idea to start a Why I live in the Boondocks Thread. There are so many things about villages and cities that I just can never get over, thats why I live in the middle of nowhere relatively speaking. Add to this as you may, I know you feel the same way I do if you choose to live where others dont!

My first entry is, I live in the Boondocks so that I dont have to carry bags of Dog Poop around!
One of the smarter things my ex said was" you judge a place on how good it is to live by how many people watch you pee in the front yard". She should of said " how few"..

Old 07-30-2013, 02:41 AM   #13

Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

Well, the scenery is beautiful, it's calm and quiet, I can go where I please, I can shoot without going to a range, not mich risk of crime either. Yep, I love my Boondocks( NE Louisiana, Madison Parish).

Old 07-30-2013, 02:54 AM   #14
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1357 Times on 802 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Being able to pee off of you back porch is one of the "secrets of long life and happiness". I can rev an engine, run really loud power tools, crank the stereo, or what ever without bothering anyone. I can't really shoot in back yard though, because the highway runs sorta at an angle across the back of the place behind mine. Granted I would have to miss about 200 trees to hit the highway, but it is at least theoretically possible so I go over to dads and shoot into the strip mine hill across his pond, use the 4-wheeler to go check the targets.
People Like This 
Old 07-30-2013, 02:58 AM   #15

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I live in the boonies as a public service.I'm kind of antisocial and not real tolerant of blatant stupidity or pretension.

Plus I'd have nowhere to put my cattle, my dog, the plethora of cats. And I'd have to leave home to shoot! Oh the humanity!!!!
People Like This 
Old 07-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #16
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7911 Times on 4061 Posts
Likes Given: 9065

I have a 150 year old hand dug well so water conservation is always a good idea. Peeing without a Bathroom is an awesome thing, saves water and time and I dont get negative comments from my wife about the toilet seat being left up!

Its also odd but true, I personally know (and like) more of my neighbors in the boonies than I ever knew in the village.

We do have to deal with a few more critters but I can shoot them if they are bothering me (and I do), cant do that downtown!
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 07-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1904 Times on 833 Posts
Likes Given: 1431

[QUOTE=F4U;1319774]Being able to pee off of you back porch is one of the "secrets of long life and happiness".

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 980 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 572

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
Being able to pee off of you back porch is one of the "secrets of long life and happiness"
So true. No one has eyes on me, no matter where I am on my place, so I can ‘pee at will.’ But ‘peeing at will’ is habit-forming. I’ve caught myself reaching for my zipper in the Walmart parking lot more than once.
People Like This 
Old 07-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
So true. No one has eyes on me, no matter where I am on my place, so I can ‘pee at will.’ But ‘peeing at will’ is habit-forming. I’ve caught myself reaching for my zipper in the Walmart parking lot more than once.
When I first moved to Memphis BITD, I had a heck of a time adjusting. I peed in more than one alley.
People Like This 
Old 07-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #20

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I have a 150 year old hand dug well so water conservation is always a good idea. Peeing without a Bathroom is an awesome thing, saves water and time and I dont get negative comments from my wife about the toilet seat being left up!

Its also odd but true, I personally know (and like) more of my neighbors in the boonies than I ever knew in the village.

We do have to deal with a few more critters but I can shoot them if they are bothering me (and I do), cant do that downtown!
You know, I never thought I would have missed being able top pee outside until I (briefly) lived someplace I couldn't.

People Like This