Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Why I live in the Boondocks (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/why-i-live-boondocks-94639/)

WebleyFosbery38 07-29-2013 09:20 PM

Why I live in the Boondocks

I was driving into work today through a small Village that surrounds the Campus Ive worked at for the last 19 years. As I drove by the center I noticed a Lady walking her doggie and dangling out of her free hand was a bag of Dog Poop! I had to chuckle, they do try hard to keep the Village Dog Poo free but I just never imagined myself walking my dog with a scooper and baggy!

Thats when I had the brilliant Idea to start a Why I live in the Boondocks Thread. There are so many things about villages and cities that I just can never get over, thats why I live in the middle of nowhere relatively speaking. Add to this as you may, I know you feel the same way I do if you choose to live where others dont!

My first entry is, I live in the Boondocks so that I dont have to carry bags of Dog Poop around!

orangello 07-29-2013 09:38 PM

Perhaps it was simply organic anti-mugger chemical deterrent? Maybe she was about to prank somebody; was it a paper or flammable bag?

I prefer to pee outdoors when drinking; this is discouraged in town.

KG7IL 07-29-2013 09:55 PM

I currently have four dogs (real dog's.. not this little yappy type! :) ) and they run free on my 20 acres. I do patrol the area near the house.

Since we have Coyotes and Raccoons, they go out on a run when it's dark, so ...... No little poopy-bags, but have a great scoop and little rake.

However, our snow-birding to Arizona RV park on the river, requires a pick-up...

Don't know what to say, except some times you gotta do, what they gotta doo

Pasquanel 07-29-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 1319342)
I prefer to pee outdoors when drinking; this is discouraged in town.

Obviously a man that understands true freedom I would have a difficult time living where all my neighbors can scrutinize all my activities but than again I suppose they would also :p

TruggieTex 07-29-2013 10:03 PM

I live in unincorporated neighborhood so I can...

Hunt opening dove morning in my back yard....
Have chickens (nine layers now!)
Ride my "toys" through the neighborhood....
Shoot fireworks....well, anytime!....
That's enough for now....rest is Bunker material ;)

boatme98 07-29-2013 10:20 PM

Before I had to move to town, there were the fore mentioned, and the sheer joy of being able to stage and shoot from 3 porches.

RJMercer 07-29-2013 10:25 PM

I live in the boonies because......
-If I see a coyote, bobcat or any other pest I can take care of it and hang it from a t-post-and my neighbors are grateful. Those pests are not a protected species where I come from.
-I can do as I please with property I own and not need to beg permission from a local joker at city hall then beg forgiveness when they suddenly change their minds about what can and cannot be done with property that they do not own.

Anna_Purna 07-29-2013 10:26 PM

I moved to a small town so I can attend the 'Premier Screening' of movies like Star Trek 2, two months later!

WebleyFosbery38 07-29-2013 10:26 PM

Because my wife was not accustomed to Rural Living early on in our marriage, we bought a little house in a little village near where I grew up and lived there for about ten years, I hated it! Weve been out in the Boonies for about ten years and we both are happier and healthier than weve been in many years. Shes become almost a full fledged Ruratin and Im again at peace with mother earth!

I finished my brandy new deck on my Village home; me and my wife were sitting out on a warm summer day enjoying a beer and I realized I could hear 4 separate conversations going on in the yards around my house, not peaceful! Thats another reason I Live in the Boondocks, I dont like hearing my neighbors business and have no wish for them to hear mine.

Quote:

Perhaps it was simply organic anti-mugger chemical deterrent? Maybe she was about to prank somebody; was it a paper or flammable bag?
Perhaps, a little poop grenade!

danf_fl 07-29-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 (Post 1319404)
Shes become almost a full fledged Ruratin and Im again at peace with mother earth!

I finished my brandy on my new deck on my Village home; me and my wife were sitting out on a warm summer day ...... I dont like hearing my neighbors business and have no wish for them to hear mine.

Perhaps, a little poop grenade!

I think I fixed it for ya!