Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Why I carry a gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1074 Times on 532 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default Why I carry a gun

Got this from a friend, and it sums it up pretty good.

Why Carry a Gun?

My old grandpa said to me 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'.....author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2273 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 1060

I carry a gun for the same reason I have a fire extinguisher and first aid kit. First responders may not make it in the first critical seconds.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 05-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #3

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

I carry because it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Dam ap's acting up again

Old 05-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 376 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 580

I carry a gun because carrying an entire cop would be too heavy.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:55 AM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I carry a gun for the same reason I carry a pocket knife or a tool box in my truck, if you ever NEED it you have it.