Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Why dont we help Mexico? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/why-dont-we-help-mexico-96434/)

beastmode986 09-02-2013 04:37 PM

Why dont we help Mexico?

I am not sure, maybe the answer is obvious but why haven't we helped Mexico get back on their feet? In my opinion, Mexico being back on its feet would have a lot of benefits and it would lower our crime rate as well, and there would be less illegals coming in. I just don't see why Obama is trying to get us involved with Syria and put our troops in Afghanistan when he could be doing something actually beneficial.
So why do you guys think we don't help Mexico?

Anna_Purna 09-02-2013 04:43 PM

Isn't giving their illegals jobs and claiming benefits not their due, and letting them send their money back home help enough?

They aren't a part of Opec, so they should be able to help us with cheaper gasoline, but do they?

If you want to stop the illegals crossing over, then stop giving Mexico billions of dollars a year. Once the money is stopped, and the mexican government understands why we are not sending any more money, they would have their army on the borders making sure no more illegals came over.

MisterMcCool 09-02-2013 04:47 PM

I don't want my tax money funding international projects when we have dirt roads right here at home. Now that I think about it, why do we have unemployment AND dirt roads?

Anna_Purna 09-02-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1355392)
I don't want my tax money funding international projects when we have dirt roads right here at home. Now that I think about it, why do we have unemployment AND dirt roads?

Because our government is too stupid to give hand-outs and not require anything back.

MisterMcCool 09-02-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna_Purna

Because our government is so stupid to give hand-outs and not require anything back.

But the money they give is taxpayers' money. Damned Robin Hoods!

mountainman13 09-02-2013 04:51 PM

F#$* Mexico and Fu$& Calderon.
We saved those pieces of sh!t from the French back in the day and how do they repay us? They come here illegally and drain our economy and attack our children on the fifth of may, while flying their flag over ours upside down.
Fu#& them!

mountainman13 09-02-2013 04:53 PM

Explicit language

Ez2b 09-02-2013 04:55 PM

I'm confused you say help put mexico back on their feet were they ever on their feet ? As far as I ever ever known they have always been a depression for the lack of better words. It's just lack of resources Natural Resources. The lack of drive easy money drugs walking over to California or wherever they can make their own products and sell it just like China does we're not stopping them

Jagermeister 09-02-2013 04:56 PM

We support their major cash crop too. Oh, and their various pharmaceutical products. And tourism.

trip286 09-02-2013 04:58 PM

If they fix their own corruption, I'd see no problem helping them.

As it is, giving them any help would only serve to line the pockets of a few. That is it. Nothing more. It wouldn't solve any of the problems they or us are facing with the drugs and illegal immigration.

If they do their part, I see no reason not to help them along. But see, we also have our own corrupt government. That's another hurdle.

I personally believe, Canada and Mexico should be our biggest allies. It's historically relevant that countries, especially before fast air travel, allied with those closest to them geographically. I think we should foster this kind of relationship with both countries. But, it's politically infeasible right now to do so with Mexico.