Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Why Does This Always Happen? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/why-does-always-happen-6819/)

gorknoids 09-05-2008 11:50 PM

Why Does This Always Happen?

About a year and 1/2 ago, I lost/misplaced an empty handgun bag with an empty magazine in it. Emptied out all of the closets, checked all the dressers, the garage, under the bed....everywhere, and it was not to be found. Monday I ordered 2 more magazines at a total of $57.00, due here tomorrow. I walked into the house a few minutes ago after a doctor's appointment, and what do you think was lying on the kitchen table?
As I was filling out the order form, I said to myself "Watch. As soon as you order these, you'll find the bag with the spare in it".
Flashlights, hunting knives, fillet knives, tools.....if you want them back, just go buy a new one.

RL357Mag 09-06-2008 12:16 AM

Look at the bright side...at least you didn't have to order a new gun...

cpttango30 09-06-2008 12:33 AM

Look at it like this now you have three mags not just one.

RL357Mag 09-06-2008 12:37 AM

God we're such an upbeat crowd! The magazine is half full, not half empty.

gorknoids 09-06-2008 01:52 AM

Actually, it's 4 mags. Oh well, it will cut down on range time spent reloading!

Dillinger 09-06-2008 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorknoids (Post 39376)
Actually, it's 4 mags. Oh well, it will cut down on range time spent reloading!

4 mags sounds like a great place to start to me. 8 would be better, but 4 will get you out of trouble should the need arise. :D

JD

BigO01 09-06-2008 03:12 AM

You were working that poor little magazine to death so it hid on you you Cheap skate till you "hired" a couple more workers to share the load with him . :D

dango 09-06-2008 03:39 AM

You must be married !

If anything ever happed to my wife,I`d be naked,broke,no keys.no walet,basiclly,no identity.She has her own special places where everthing belongs,even if she dos`nt know what it is,what it`s for,or how important it is. GOOD LUCK !:eek:

gorknoids 09-06-2008 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigO01 (Post 39388)
You were working that poor little magazine to death so it hid on you you Cheap skate till you "hired" a couple more workers to share the load with him . :D

I was working the one I could find to death! It's an AMT .380 Backup single-action, and while a lot of them were produced, they quit making them quite a while ago and parts are hard to find. Dropped off my CCW application today, and out of all the small arms quals I had in the Navy, the only documentation I have is for the M2, but they accepted it. Like I'm going to conceal a .50 cal machine gun under a jacket........

Boris 09-06-2008 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorknoids (Post 39356)
About a year and 1/2 ago, I lost/misplaced an empty handgun bag with an empty magazine in it. Emptied out all of the closets, checked all the dressers, the garage, under the bed....everywhere, and it was not to be found. Monday I ordered 2 more magazines at a total of $57.00, due here tomorrow. I walked into the house a few minutes ago after a doctor's appointment, and what do you think was lying on the kitchen table?
As I was filling out the order form, I said to myself "Watch. As soon as you order these, you'll find the bag with the spare in it".
Flashlights, hunting knives, fillet knives, tools.....if you want them back, just go buy a new one.

Happens to all of us mate...I wouldn't worry too much the time for that if you forget to put your pants on in the morning.........:)