Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > why do you like/use guns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8308 Times on 3590 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

WOC- you have discovered the Zen of Archery- with smokeless powder.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #12
P90

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
I grew up as a country boy- firearms were an everday tool, used for everything from gathering dinner, chasing off the fox in the henhouse, chasing off the hobo in the henhouse, and an item of sport.

Most houses had a least one gun behind the kitchen door, and even at a very tender age, you knew better than to fool with a gun (or axe, the bull in the bottom pasture, or any of Old Man Johnson's daughters, which led right back to guns, come to think of it)

I received my first gun when I was born- a .410 H&R that I inherited from my maternal grandad, by way of my Mom. Was shooting with my dad or a spare uncle (very large family) by the time I was 6- by 10, it was OK for me to take dad's Marlin 39A, and go pop a squirrel or two on my own.

When I joined the Army at 17, already had a fair bit of experience with high power rifles and handguns.
I can sure identify with this post. I think this would apply to a lot of people around 70 years old that was raised in the Country.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
WOC- you have discovered the Zen of Archery- with smokeless powder.
True statement right there

I grew up a citidiot then moved to rural areas in my late teens, my eyes were opened to the great outdoors. @ 36 now I like to hunt with firearms & bow and do a lot of target/ practice shooting . I am soon going to try my hand at IDPA and see how that goes. Also being a D.I.N.K. ( double income no kids ) I end up with some disposable income I can't seem to hold onto, so I guess I am now starting to be a collector

Old 05-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

I like guns.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

Old 05-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #16

great storys and i like guns is my new song

Old 05-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 436

First off I love steve lee! got his album and its really good! As far as guns go I have been in love with them since I was about 10 or so when I went shooting for the first time. I love the craftsmen ship and beauty. I have them for defense of my family and my self. I am also have a small collection. I perfer wood and steel to plastic. Also I enjoy excersicing every right we have so that only helps my cause for buying more of them! Its a sign of freedom, because a armed individual is a free individual. Also its really relaxing to go out for a day of shooting with family and friends.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 05-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As a kid, my parents made sure that I was involved in every extra curricular activity possible to keep me out of trouble and also to help me stay active. When I wasn't busy with sports or school my father and I would go camping, hunting, fishing, and any other outdoorsy activity possible. As I've grown older I've discovered that staying active and engaged in some sort of activity other than work helps me stay relaxed and stress free. It also makes life much more enjoyable. I replaced playing sports with shooting guns. Shooting gives me an outlet to compete against myself or my buddies that go to the range with me. Through that competition I have an activity that can be challenging and also promotes self improvement, which is very gratifying.

Self defense is another reason that I own guns. I sleep much better at night knowing that I would be able to defend myself and my family if an intruder happened to break into my home.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT2TOMMY View Post
what got you in to guns? how long have you been into them? what do you use them for? are you using them for hunting, protection, target shooting, competition, job, or collecting? me personally ive been in to guns ever since i first laid eyes on them however i didnt shoot one till i was 13, after that my parents still didnt want me to own any at the time, it was 1 month before my 20th bday when i bought my own first gun ive been collecting and shooting for only a short 6 months or so now so really a newb, but just wanna hear everyones story
I'm 37. My dad has guns, my grandpa has guns, and everyone in my family has atleast one for home defense.
My dad gave me a pellet gun at around 5yrs old and soon after that I had a .22rifle. When I turned 18 he gave me a Ruger P89DC 9mm. Soon after that a .357 followed by a shotgun.
It's just always been in my blood and has even outlasted some relationships,lol.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #20
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6635 Times on 4014 Posts
Likes Given: 7875

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
Oh, man, now I LOVE Steve Lee. That video was incredibly awesome. Do you think there is a version where he's shooting his guns with his shirt off?