Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > why do you like/use guns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 02:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default why do you like/use guns?

what got you in to guns? how long have you been into them? what do you use them for? are you using them for hunting, protection, target shooting, competition, job, or collecting? me personally ive been in to guns ever since i first laid eyes on them however i didnt shoot one till i was 13, after that my parents still didnt want me to own any at the time, it was 1 month before my 20th bday when i bought my own first gun ive been collecting and shooting for only a short 6 months or so now so really a newb, but just wanna hear everyones story

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-11-2011, 03:15 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

I'm 35 and have been shooting guns since I could safely handle one. I mainly have them now as a hobby/recreation and have some for home defense.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:28 AM   #3

I've been into guns for as long as I can remember. However, my mother would not let me have any gun toys, and is still so against them. I had to battle with her to get a paintball gun (I was allowed to rent guns and play, just not have one...not logical) back in 9th grade (I'm 20 now).

Finally, 6 months ago (I'm a noobie too ), me and my dad decided to take his old .22's to the range, and since then I have started collecting. I can't believe how much I've learned over these 6 months, I really can't.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty"
~Thomas Jefferson

"Fear is a sickness. It will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it."

From Long Island? Check out LItactical.com forum!!

Old 05-11-2011, 03:29 AM   #4

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Cause its FUN.

My step dad got me a Daisy Red Ryder and I have never looked back.

I hunt, shoot for fun and have a HD piece.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:33 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8387 Times on 3629 Posts
Likes Given: 1291

I grew up as a country boy- firearms were an everday tool, used for everything from gathering dinner, chasing off the fox in the henhouse, chasing off the hobo in the henhouse, and an item of sport.

Most houses had a least one gun behind the kitchen door, and even at a very tender age, you knew better than to fool with a gun (or axe, the bull in the bottom pasture, or any of Old Man Johnson's daughters, which led right back to guns, come to think of it)

I received my first gun when I was born- a .410 H&R that I inherited from my maternal grandad, by way of my Mom. Was shooting with my dad or a spare uncle (very large family) by the time I was 6- by 10, it was OK for me to take dad's Marlin 39A, and go pop a squirrel or two on my own.

When I joined the Army at 17, already had a fair bit of experience with high power rifles and handguns.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:33 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Q: Why do you carry a gun?

A: I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

But seriously:

My father was a SWAT officer and my mother was a state trooper. I learned to shoot after I learned to walk.
For how I use them I refer you to Krusty the Clown:

Quote:
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals, and to keep the King of England out of your face." — Krusty the Clown

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 05-11-2011 at 03:38 AM.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:52 AM   #7

lol, very intresting storys thank you for sharing

Old 05-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2643 Times on 1540 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

I've been with firearms for most of my life.
I use them for competition, SD, hunting, target practice, and some for long term investments.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #9

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I´ve been into guns since I was a kid. Bought my first firearm when I was 18 and started hunting and shooting for fun, been doing so for 3 years now and I´m hooked Somehow I find shooting very relaxing, takes your mind off of the everyday stuff.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #10
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6744 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksiR View Post
Somehow I find shooting very relaxing, takes your mind off of the everyday stuff.
I agree whole hearted with this statement. I got into guns very late in life.........it's a story I've told more than once on this forum.......anyway, when I go shooting I enjoy that challenge of trying to hit the center of the target. I like the feeling of success when I can shoot decently. I feel confident and powerful to be able to control and know my way around the gun. Shooting truly makes me feel strong, confident and brave even if I don't feel like any of those things in real life at the moment.