Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   why do you like/use guns? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/why-do-you-like-use-guns-42341/)

TAT2TOMMY 05-11-2011 02:18 AM

why do you like/use guns?

what got you in to guns? how long have you been into them? what do you use them for? are you using them for hunting, protection, target shooting, competition, job, or collecting? me personally ive been in to guns ever since i first laid eyes on them:) however i didnt shoot one till i was 13, after that my parents still didnt want me to own any at the time, it was 1 month before my 20th bday when i bought my own first gun:) ive been collecting and shooting for only a short 6 months or so now so really a newb, but just wanna hear everyones story:)

doctherock 05-11-2011 03:15 AM

I'm 35 and have been shooting guns since I could safely handle one. I mainly have them now as a hobby/recreation and have some for home defense.

jgand72 05-11-2011 03:28 AM

I've been into guns for as long as I can remember. However, my mother would not let me have any gun toys, and is still so against them. I had to battle with her to get a paintball gun (I was allowed to rent guns and play, just not have one...not logical) back in 9th grade (I'm 20 now).

Finally, 6 months ago (I'm a noobie too :)), me and my dad decided to take his old .22's to the range, and since then I have started collecting. I can't believe how much I've learned over these 6 months, I really can't.

cpttango30 05-11-2011 03:29 AM

Cause its FUN.

My step dad got me a Daisy Red Ryder and I have never looked back.

I hunt, shoot for fun and have a HD piece.

c3shooter 05-11-2011 03:33 AM

I grew up as a country boy- firearms were an everday tool, used for everything from gathering dinner, chasing off the fox in the henhouse, chasing off the hobo in the henhouse, and an item of sport.

Most houses had a least one gun behind the kitchen door, and even at a very tender age, you knew better than to fool with a gun (or axe, the bull in the bottom pasture, or any of Old Man Johnson's daughters, which led right back to guns, come to think of it)

I received my first gun when I was born- a .410 H&R that I inherited from my maternal grandad, by way of my Mom. Was shooting with my dad or a spare uncle (very large family) by the time I was 6- by 10, it was OK for me to take dad's Marlin 39A, and go pop a squirrel or two on my own.

When I joined the Army at 17, already had a fair bit of experience with high power rifles and handguns.

mesinge2 05-11-2011 03:33 AM

Q: Why do you carry a gun?

A: I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

But seriously:

My father was a SWAT officer and my mother was a state trooper. I learned to shoot after I learned to walk.
For how I use them I refer you to Krusty the Clown:

Quote:

"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals, and to keep the King of England out of your face." — Krusty the Clown

TAT2TOMMY 05-11-2011 03:52 AM

lol, very intresting storys:) thank you for sharing:)

danf_fl 05-11-2011 08:00 AM

I've been with firearms for most of my life.
I use them for competition, SD, hunting, target practice, and some for long term investments.

AleksiR 05-11-2011 08:49 AM

Ive been into guns since I was a kid. Bought my first firearm when I was 18 and started hunting and shooting for fun, been doing so for 3 years now and Im hooked :) Somehow I find shooting very relaxing, takes your mind off of the everyday stuff.

winds-of-change 05-11-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleksiR (Post 502374)
Somehow I find shooting very relaxing, takes your mind off of the everyday stuff.

I agree whole hearted with this statement. I got into guns very late in life.........it's a story I've told more than once on this forum.......anyway, when I go shooting I enjoy that challenge of trying to hit the center of the target. I like the feeling of success when I can shoot decently. I feel confident and powerful to be able to control and know my way around the gun. Shooting truly makes me feel strong, confident and brave even if I don't feel like any of those things in real life at the moment.