Why do people think I like....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Why do people think I like....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Default Why do people think I like....

Ok here you go. This thread is a fun thread. Seeing as all I have been seening around here is doom and gloom.

Why do people think i like to hear their Harley?

I hate these aholes who remove the baffles from their bikes because they think it is cool. It is not cool when I am sitting next to you in traffic and you do nothing but rev your motor with you pipes off. Makes me want to put a bullet into that v-twin.

The next post needs to look like above

Why do people think I like.... now you finish it and give a reason why. It doesn't have to something that pisses you off it could be fun too.....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Why do people think I like to ride in their tiny lowered noisy "tuned" cars?
I hate those little freggin things, they think that because they put 20" wheels or that stupid muffler or put hundreds of lights/neon/strobes or spent $1000 on audio equipment on a piece of $hit then suddenly become in the best car in the world... somtimes I want to pass over those things with my jeep Every friend of mine that bought a compact car in matter of months transfoms it into a one of those piece of $hit.. then shows to you with pride like it was a Mercedes SLR I always said to them.... don't even think that I will put my @ss in that thing! AND TURN IT OFF!!! I hate the sound of their exhaust and/or their music @ 250dB

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 08-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Well first of all, I do not sit and rev my Harley in traffic, I do not need the added attention and assumption from people that I am some arrogant azz hole. That said....

Why do people think I like to listen to their loud ass stereo playing rap music, with enough bass that they could not hear my bike if they wanted too, while they are texting away and not paying attention to the damn traffic, the light and their surroundings.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #4

Liked 79 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post

Why do people think i like to hear their Harley?

I hate these aholes who remove the baffles from their bikes because they think it is cool. It is not cool when I am sitting next to you in traffic and you do nothing but rev your motor with you pipes off. Makes me want to put a bullet into that v-twin.

I can't pass this up. I no longer have a Harley but I rode one for about 20 years. My last bike was a 66 Electra Glide with 2 inch drag pipes that never had a baffle in them. They were not for your or anybody else's benefit but mine. I put them on there because I liked the sound not because I gave a dead rats ass what anybody else thought of them because I DIDN'T. Putting a bullet in MY V-Twin would have been a bad mistake on your part.....A very bad mistake.

Been a few years since this pic was taken.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #5

Default I'm in

Why do these kids with the "tuner" compact with the bean can exhuast, thundering sterio, lowered, absolutley have to try, and pick a race with my old 71 Torino when I get it out just to cruise, and relax. I lost it once and buried one in tire smoke. I should not have wasted my time. He did pull up beside me, and ask, Mister, what have you got in that thing. I answered simply, Good old American Iron Son.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Last edited by bobbyb13; 08-09-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #6

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Why do people think I like to listen to their kids video games in a restraunt?

I mean come on you can't talk to your kids for 30 minutes to an hour and treat them like they exist? The parents sit there drinking and ignoring the kids while they are playing video games and eating or climbing all over the place. I once had someones kid craw up and over the back of the booth into our table and the parents didn't do a dam thing.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #7

Liked 79 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Why do people think I like to listen to their kids anywhere?

Old 08-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Why do people think I want to hear their freaking cellphone conversations. Why do they think that I may accidentally think they're important, rather than the loud, intrusive, self important, obnoxious asshats that they really are.

And while I'm on cellphones; people that walk down the street wildly gesticulating, speaking at a near shout look like escapees from the Nut Hut.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Why do people think i like to street race or like to decorate my car with neon lighting or like to listen to rap music or like to hear a fartcan exhaust note everytime i take off simply because i drive a sporty compact car that will outperform comparable american cars of its vintage and price range?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyb13 View Post
...my old 71 Torino...
One of my favorite clients has a Gran Torino. Beautiful car & very powerful, but even my sentra could beat it through a quarter mile, stock vs stock (which i'm not). Of course, in 38 years, my sentra will be scrap, not a fully restored beaut that the owner spent over a month tracking down a "correct" fuel pump for. One day, i'll have to get me a a fartcan for my sentra to make it sound like i'm younger, maybe.

LOL @ stereotypes!

Last edited by orangello; 08-09-2009 at 08:11 PM.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9133 Times on 3945 Posts
Likes Given: 1423

Why do people think I want to listen to them whine about what hacks them off?

Yeah- think the high points have been hit pretty well.

Could only add that when someone asks "Did you see the episode of 'Faintly Farnsworth' on TV last night?"- and I reply, "No, I don't watch that show."- that was NOT an invitation to give me a blow-by-blow of the show. If I had said "No- I really like it, but had to rush my goldfish to the vet last night-" THAT might be an invite to tell me all about how Farnsworth and his girlfriend got caught in the penguin hatchery. Otherwise, stifle yourself. If I wanted to watch it- I would.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.