WHY the anti OC argument? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > WHY the anti OC argument?

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
As I said if someone wants to open carry go for it We have the sort of guys here as well as America that would open carry. He would be wearing a T shirt in the winter showing off the muscles thinking look at me how cool I look while everyone was looking at him thinking what a prat. I am sure you know the sort, I thought firearms were for self defence in America not making a statement or posing. I don't need evidence I think concealed carry makes more sense for the reasons I have stated some think differently that's life get over it.
Your post reeks of ignorance. Saying that all open carriers are trying to make a statement, or are show offs is like saying that all blacks are gang bangers, or that all Native Americans are drunks. It's stereotyping, and it's completely wrong.

There you go. Disregarding fact, and just going with opinion. THATS how your country ended up with extremely strict gun laws. Congratulations.
__________________

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 05-06-2013 at 10:27 PM.
texaswoodworker is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #52
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
As I said if someone wants to open carry go for it We have the sort of guys here as well as America that would open carry. He would be wearing a T shirt in the winter showing off the muscles thinking look at me how cool I look while everyone was looking at him thinking what a prat. I am sure you know the sort, I thought firearms were for self defence in America not making a statement or posing. I don't need evidence I think concealed carry makes more sense for the reasons I have stated some think differently that's life get over it.
sounds a lot like crawfishing to me. maybe you ought to make a visit over across the pond and do a little traveling around our country. sitting in your country and making statements like yours does not validate your opinions.

i am pretty sure most of your opinions stem from what you read, or see and hear in the media. maybe your opinions stem from the political climate and issues in your country. neither of these are make for valid arguments for you opinion for what is going on here in the US.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Old 05-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,504
Liked 411 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Default

Quote:
I am sure not all are like that but I am sure you know and see some that are
If you go back you will see that I edited that part to the above.

[quote]i am pretty sure most of your opinions stem from what you read, or see and hear in the media. maybe your opinions stem from the political climate and issues in your country. neither of these are make for valid arguments for you opinion for what is going on here in the US.[/quote

Probably the same place were most on this forum get their usually ill informed information regards the UK gun laws etc. I don't need to know anything about America to comment on this issue my opinions on open carry would be the same for most countries.
__________________

Last edited by manta; 05-06-2013 at 11:05 PM.
manta is offline  
 
Old 05-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #54
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
If you go back you will see that I edited that part to the above.
Now THAT is funny. If you look at your quote in my post, you won't see that sentence. What you DO see if you go back and look at your post, is that you edited that in AFTER I had already quoted you.

Nice try.
__________________

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 05-06-2013 at 10:35 PM.
texaswoodworker is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post

As I said if someone wants to open carry go for it We have the sort of guys here as well as America that would open carry. He would be wearing a T shirt in the winter showing off the muscles thinking look at me how cool I look while everyone was looking at him thinking what a prat. I am sure not all are like that but I am sure you know and see some that are. I don't need evidence I think concealed carry makes more sense for the reasons I have stated some think differently that's life get over it.
no one should be attacking your OPINION. But when you claim, "this is how it is", I say, "prove it."

I've already told you myself, I personally prefer CC. I'm just asking for proof that OC will get you killed like so many claim it will, and claim it as a fact of life. If you can't prove it, there's no shame in doing as several others have, and simply saying, "can't prove it, but I prefer the other". There's nothing wrong with that. Nothing at all.

I'm just sick of people claiming that some action WILL result in "this", with their claim having no basis in reality.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
4
People Like This 
Old 05-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody View Post

I have been a state and federal law enforcement officer for about 8 years now, and i know this thread calls for accounts where open carry has gotten someone killed, but i have never seen or heard of anything of the sort.
This says a lot. Thank you for chiming in. We have several other LEOs here, active and retired. I wish some of them would speak up too.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 05-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,504
Liked 411 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Default

Quote:
Now THAT is funny. If you look at your quote in my post, you won't see that. What you DO see if you go back and look at your post, is that you edited that in AFTER I had already quoted you
I had edited it before looking at your post. Not that it matters.
Quote:
I've already told you myself, I personally prefer CC. I'm just asking for proof that OC will get you killed like so many claim it will, and claim it as a fact of life
I am not claiming it would get you killed. I am saying that in my opinion concealed carry makes more sense than open carry for the reasons I have given. Maybe I am influenced because open carry here or someone knows that you are carrying a firearm could definitely get you killed as it identifies you as a target. Its one of the reasons that open carry is not allowed.
__________________

Last edited by manta; 05-06-2013 at 10:48 PM.
manta is offline  
 
Old 05-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #58
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
If you go back you will see that I edited that part to the above.
Manta, we have idiots here just like any other country. still doesn't prove anything. idiots and show-offs abound in just about everything.

i have seen them in the car culture. they're the idiot who smokes his tires everytime he takes off. the idiots who street race. the idiots that mess it up for all the rest. they are the same type idiots who cause responsible and LAC's with firearms problems because of their actions and atitudes.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 05-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I don't need to know anything about America to comment on this issue my opinions on open carry would be the same for most countries.
And as I said, opinions are great. IF it's shared as an opinion. Everyone's opinion is valid. But NO ONE should try to dictate what others do based on their own opinion.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Old 05-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #60
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
If you go back you will see that I edited that part to the above.



Probably the same place were most on this forum get their usually ill informed information regards the UK gun laws etc. I don't need to know anything about America to comment on this issue my opinions on open carry would be the same for most countries.
Manta, to be totally honest, i really don't care what goes on your country, nor your laws or what hoops you have to jump through in order to own a firearm. it doesn't mean jack squat to me. but i do care about what goes on here in the US. and to be perfectly frank, you're not the only member on this forum that lives in the UK. so some of our information on your laws and regulations is information they have relayed to us about it. we alos have members here from many different countries that relay information about their laws and regulations in their countries.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
The argument against democracy Vincine Politics, Religion and Controversy 24 06-12-2012 04:21 PM
AR, AK, how about a third side to this old argument? armoredman Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 18 02-10-2011 09:06 PM
The Last Word in an Argument CA357 The Club House 3 02-01-2010 12:04 PM
Settle An Argument user4 Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 53 02-23-2009 05:11 PM
help refuting pro gun control argument ISS Politics, Religion and Controversy 12 07-19-2008 08:05 PM