WHY the anti OC argument? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > WHY the anti OC argument?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 155 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I dont think there is anything wrong with open carry or concealed carry. It is a personal preference and there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

I have open carried while camping / fishing but when I am in an urban surrounding I conceal carry. I dont have much choice anyway where I live.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #32

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Four pages in and we have (1) possible clerk shot with his own gun in the PI... Foreign County?

Hmm... About how I thought it would go.

Tack

Old 05-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #33

Liked 935 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 680

It would in Ky be extremely rare to get the cops called on you for OC. See it all the time and I'd say it is 50-50 between women and men in some areas. In Krogers here in Georgetown most CC but see some old ladies packing. NOBODY complains about it that I know of as they continue to come in that way. I love it myself.

USMC 74-78

Old 05-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 462 Times on 317 Posts
Likes Given: 141

Quote:
As for the cop thing, is that how they do it in the UK? Shoot law abiding citizens just for openly carrying a gun? In the US, if an officer did that, he'd be facing murder charges.
No the cops don't shoot people for open carry. One reason there is no open carry. If off duty police officer was open carrying it would identify him as a police officer that would make him a target. If someone was seen openly carrying a handgun they would find themselves looking down the wrong end of a mp/5 very quickly.

PS It is different here the majority of people that conceal carry are of duty police- prison officers -army the reason they are carrying is because they are targets. So open carrying would just identify them as the above and invite attacks. One incident terrorists armed with AK/47s made the mistake of assuming someone was not armed that give the individual the edge. He killed one terrorist and wounded another. If they knew he was carrying he would be dead.

Quote. A 4 man PIRA unit attempt to lure an off duty UDR man to a house in order to mount an ambush and murder him, the owner of the house was taken hostage by the PIRA gang and forced to phone the UDR member complaining that his dog had bitten a family member, a short time later the UDR man arrived and the PIRA unit opened fire hitting him a number of times, he managed to return fire with his personal issue and in doing so killed one of his attackers and sending the rest fleeing.
He was later awarded the Queens gallantry medal and distinguished conduct medal for bravery.

Last edited by manta; 05-06-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
No the cops don't shoot people for open carry. One reason there is no open carry. If off duty police officer was open carrying it would identify him as a police officer that would make him a target. If someone was seen openly carrying a handgun they would find themselves looking down the wrong end of a mp/5 very quickly.
Well, this isn't the UK where gun rights are constantly being trampled on. This is the USA where the law recognizes our right to carry.

You keep saying that OCing would make you a target, so where's your proof? Your statements don't hold water without proof.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #36
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
again Manta we are not discussing the UK and what happens there. your comments are not pertinent ot the discussion. by your own words, "everyone would identify him as a police officer" i a completely different scenario.

please try and follow along. ordinary LAC's, not LE or military.

Trip there have been some cases where in robbery of a store where the clerks have had their firearms taken from them and used on them. but honestly, i don't think that has any real bearing on the scenario that you proposed.

personally, i support OC as long as it's done responsibly. i support it because IMO, it falls within the confines of the 2nd amendment.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #37

Liked 10 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

If OC ever passes in S.C.,i don't see me doing it.That said,it's really a personal choice.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #38

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:

PS It is different here the majority of people that conceal carry are of duty police- prison officers -army the reason they are carrying is because they are targets. So open carrying would just identify them as the above and invite attacks. One incident terrorists armed with AK/47s made the mistake of assuming someone was not armed that give the individual the edge. He killed one terrorist and wounded another. If they knew he was carrying he would be dead.
Good lord, just being identified as an off duty police officer or prison guard, or even a member of your military is grounds for being gunned down in the street with automatic weapons!?!?!? I would HATE to live in such a place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

Trip there have been some cases where in robbery of a store where the clerks have had their firearms taken from them and used on them. but honestly, i don't think that has any real bearing on the scenario that you proposed.
You're right, that's not quite exactly what I had in mind, of a person going about their day armed. But, being that I assume you're talking about non LEOS, armed on the job, or having a firearm handy beneath the counter, it's close enough like horse shoes and hand grenades to me. Can you provide any links to news stories?

(side note: how often have any of you seen sometime actually try, and encourage others to try, to find supporting material for an opposing view with so little success?)

Old 05-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

It's because of England we have the 2nd amendment. Actually, the whole US Constitution.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #40

Liked 1557 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 357

I can tell you how it would work for me.....

If I were in the process of robbing the local liquor store and open-totin Bubba came in the door, he would be knocking on the pearly gate before he could get his hands off the door handle.

You ask for irrefutable evidence to a hypothetical question, you are setting up a predetermined answer. You should be a pollster.