Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > WHY the anti OC argument?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1631 Times on 854 Posts
Likes Given: 3375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
This is why I live in the country... I can carry my SKS down the street and nobody even looks twice..

Must be an ugly gun. "joking"
Most look several time at my rifle. They say things like. Nice looking rifle. And where ya going hunting. Some say, lets go around back and shoot it.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1631 Times on 854 Posts
Likes Given: 3375

one of the men suddenly grabbed Estiller’s .45-caliber pistol, which was tucked in the merchant’s waist, and shot him with it

newsinfo.inquirer.net/398435/ice-dealer-shot-dead-in-quezon-city-with-his-own-gun

Old 05-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

OC attracts attention, add fuel to the "banners fire", gives the decidedly left tilted press open season to ridicule firearms, and it just makes for smelly PR. Rights, liberty, and license are not the same. OC proves or accomplishes what?

Old 05-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #14

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Have OC'd for many years and no problems. I do cover it in most public areas but when not have often gotten positive comments about it. Amazing how many say something like--everyone needs to carry/etc.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2220 Times on 1378 Posts
Likes Given: 14837

The cause would the same issue of not needing guns in the first place.! These people hid behind locked doors , have a false hope in the system and will use any and all methods to impose their ignorance upon us..!

The people who push for this the most are the very people's that live under the protection of the so called (PROFESSIONALS)..!

I've been into firearms for some 44 years , so don't insult me , I know how to safely and professionally handle any fire arm I also know how to drive a car and tie my own shoes..! Thank you....!

Don't under estimate the human race , just the one's in charge....!

Old 05-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #16

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
one of the men suddenly grabbed Estiller’s .45-caliber pistol, which was tucked in the merchant’s waist, and shot him with it

newsinfo.inquirer.net/398435/ice-dealer-shot-dead-in-quezon-city-with-his-own-gun
That is very, very, interesting, and I would be very interested in a follow up on it. It did happen in the Philippines though. Not exactly pertinent to the discussion of OC that I had in mind, meaning here in the states. However, I'll let this stand as the only case so far. The only case... and from the Philippines... until we hear of more, and I'm sure we will, because even I, an OC supporter, has to admit that it has to have happened before for it to be such a bandied about argument against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
OC attracts attention, add fuel to the "banners fire", gives the decidedly left tilted press open season to ridicule firearms, and it just makes for smelly PR. Rights, liberty, and license are not the same. OC proves or accomplishes what?
That is your opinion, and I respect your right to have it, and agree with much of it. As to what it accomplishes? I don't know, maybe it just provides a legal way to carry a firearm for those who don't have the disposable income at the moment to buy their way into the CC permit club, such as in my specific case.

But none of that was even the point. Your argument is valid, and as I said, I respect and agree with much of it. To some, OC is the only available option.

But if you go back to my opening post, you'll see, I'm not trying to start an argument "pro or anti", or convince anyone that one method is superior to the other, and by reading the rest of it, you'll see that I'm not in favor of those attempting to create a spectacle.

I'm simply looking for evidence of these fabled sharpeyed criminals who specifically target Open Carriers. So far, we've found one in the Philippines. Can you find any more?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 762 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 985

Arizona has always been an open carry State long before adopting CC permit, and now current non required CC "P" for conceal. Open carry to me and many others I know is no big deal. As for myself I tend to carry concealed. My older brother OC's each and everyday and has never had any issues.

Become steel or get cut.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #18

Liked 255 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Ok Some things are common sense and don't need evidence to back it up. Its common sense not to drink drain cleaner . If special forces carry out a mission to clear a house who would they shoot first the ones they see are armed. If police are confronted with two individuals one with a visible firearm who would the shoot first. If you were in a situation that two individuals were coming at you one you could see had a firearm who would you shoot first. I know some of the examples are against your rules we will have to agree to disagree on this one, people can carry what ever way they want in my opinion its a no brainier if you have the choice conceal carry. People have a different opinions that's life.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #19

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Ok Some things are common sense and don't need evidence to back it up. Its common sense not to drink drain cleaner . If special forces carry out a mission to clear a house who would they shoot first the ones they see are armed. If police are confronted with two individuals one with a visible firearm who would the shoot first. If you were in a situation that two individuals were coming at you one you could see had a firearm who would you shoot first. I know some of the examples are against your rules we will have to agree to disagree on this one, people can carry what ever way they want in my opinion its a no brainier if you have the choice conceal carry. People have a different opinions that's life.
You can say that all you want, but if people drank drain cleaner and nothing happened, then there works need to be some kind of evidence that it's bad for you.

Example: Coca Cola had cocaine in it for years, and was used to treat headaches, until people started taking a hard look at it and discovered that, "holy ****! Crack kills!"

You know what, when I get back to a keyboard and off my phone I'm gonna blow so many damn holes in this post it's gonna look like the backdrop behind Gecko45's unscathed targets.

Standby.

Okay, I'm back.

Drano. No great exercise in common sense. It's covered in warning labels, and is comprised of mostly strong acids. It'll burn your tongue and nose.

And the military has a tendency of killing armed combatants in acts if war. It's kinda their job.

If police are confronted by two individuals, and one has a gun, they should maybe shoot the one committing a crime, IF the justifications for deadly force are followed. I don't know how they do it where you are, but cops here aren't allowed to simply open fire on unsuspecting people for carrying a gun where it's legal. Sorry.

As to your last example: "if someone is trying to kill you with a gun, it world be prudent to protect yourself with your own gun" ~ Dalai Llama, paraphrased.

I'll also point out that NONE of your examples has ANYTHING AT ALL to do with lawful open carry.

ANYTHING.

Do you want to keep it up, or are you enjoying me making you look a fool as much as I am?

Last edited by trip286; 05-06-2013 at 06:33 PM.
People Like This 
Old 05-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 582 Times on 434 Posts
Likes Given: 176

I do as I please. I don't give a $hit what anybody else does. We are all responsible for our own actions.
That POS in the white house has got us divided enough.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

People Like This 
Closed Thread