WHY the anti OC argument? - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > WHY the anti OC argument?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 413 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 129

You should try and put things in context.

Quote:
Yes Manta... but your country is the size of Rhode Island... and about as interesting
Reply.
Quote:
You should know that size isn't everything.
Reply.
Quote:
that's not what your wife said!

Pretty sure her reaction was "OMG... American Women get BIGGER EVERYTHING!
Quote:
Is that what your cousin Betty Sue said.
Reply.
Quote:
Her name is Betty Ann... and yeah... she said it too.
From what I see Tackleberry is quite capable of talking for himself and would soon let me know if I offended him. It was a bit of banter that's all if you want to be insulted for him that's up to you.
Quote:
including the forum itself
How did I do that you are being offended for the forum and forum members now. PS Do you see having a opinion that's different from yours as trolling.

Last edited by manta; 05-10-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #112
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
You should try and put things in context.
Reply.
Reply.
Reply. From what I see Tackleberry is quite capable of talking for himself and would soon let me know if I offended him. It was a bit of banter that's all if you want to be insulted for him that's up to you.
We know exactly what you meant by "size isn't everything".

You still haven't presented a single shread of evidence suppoting your claims on OC. I seriously doubt you will.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #113
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
We know exactly what you meant by "size isn't everything".

You still haven't presented a single shread of evidence suppoting your claims on OC. I seriously doubt you will.
What you don't seem to understand is I don't have to post any evidence to have a opinion just like you don't have to agree with it. If we all agreed on everything than there would be no point in having a forum.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #114

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
Great thread...starting to look like every other OC vs CC topic though. Trip wants links! Trip gets links.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/article_970e24e7-dd5d-57e7-8fb8-a64a0a2b26ba.html

Open carry, in America. Dude went right after the gun and shot him with it.

My two cents: Depends on where Im at and what Im doing. Im out in the boonies, especially by myself, its OC. drunken locals can get mighty weird around here, Id like them to know up front that im armed and to keep your f**king distance Billy Joe!

Pulling into a north Portland minit mart at 2 Am, definitely CC. Too many tweakers, gang bangers and thugs around looking for trouble. Don't want trouble, me wants a soda.
I agree pretty much fully with your sentiment. While I'm pro carry, and really feel obligated to champion the right to OC, I'll admit in a heartbeat that it's not for everyone at everytime. Ya know, once upon a time, concealed carry was strictly forbidden in Louisiana. It was considered unmanly
I'm not kidding, you can look it up. I believe the words, "cowardly", and "unmanly" were specifically used!
By the way, I clicked your link. I assume you just recently read this article, but here's what I found...

forumrunner_20130510_141242.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post

This "Argument is a derivative of the liberal narrative for the population at large that if you get a gun it will somehow be used against you by the bad guy.

As if criminals had superpowers by status of being criminals
Our community is composed of people wjho grew up in this society and as a result even we have internalized some propganda from the enemies of our republic.

thats why this "Argument" the OP mentioned still comes up as much as it does.
^^^^ that's really, very, very, much the idea that I've been trying to put across. It's simple anti gun fear mongering. I do still maintain that it's not the right course of action for every situation though. Kinda like how I wouldn't take a Ferrari down a rutted gravel road, more would I take a go kart down the interstate... But that's not to say either vehicle will specifically get you killed doing so.

And... I think we can let the back and forth settle down a bit. I think most of us have gotten our shots in.

(edit to add, please excuse the strange quote boxes...)
Old 05-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #115
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Can we argue about nudists now please? Hang out with your wang out, or keep it undercover?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #116

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
What you don't seem to understand is I don't have to post any evidence to have a opinion just like you don't have to agree with it. If we all agreed on everything than there would be no point in having a forum.
I asked for some form of evidence to back up statements that were presented as cold, hard, facts.

I don't know how many times I've pointed out, there's nothing wrong with opinion, especially if it's presented as opinion. Many people even like to add real life documented scenarios to support their opinion. Some just like to say, "this is what I FEEL about it". Both are fine.

So here's how that conversation could go:
Trip: "so Manta, you feel that OC puts a person at a much higher risk?"
Manta: "why yes, Trip, I do, very much."
Trip: "oh? Have you, by any chance, seen or heard of such a higher risk resulting in an incident?"
Manta: "no, but, around my aside of the ocean, off duty police officers and corrections officers are targeted when they're identified by criminal elements. So I think I would keep the lowest profile I possibly could. It seems prudent in my mind."
Trip: "very well. You've stated your pinion, and why you feel that way."

Last edited by trip286; 05-10-2013 at 07:27 PM.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Can't trust some purple.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #118
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I agree pretty much fully with your sentiment. While I'm pro carry, and really feel obligated to champion the right to OC, I'll admit in a heartbeat that it's not for everyone at everytime
So its the right to open carry you are championing not if its a good idea or not. I have no problem saying people should have the right to open carry.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #119
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Opinion? You were tying to pass your statements off as fact. Or did you forget posting this?

Quote:
Ok Some things are common sense and don't need evidence to back it up.
That didn't look like your were trying to simply state your opinion to me.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #120

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

I OC and CC depending on where I am and what the local climate for exposure is. If I'm in a larger town going in and out of various stores I CC as some stores may not like weapons to be displayed. In the small town close to where I live I OC because most people know me, the local druggies and culls tend to keep away from me which makes me happy. If we are out on the desert in Northern Nevada I OC, snakes, those that slither and those that walk on two feet. And as far as that goes OC is common in most of the towns in the surrounding areas. Here in S.W. Oregon it's not common but I've never seen people unduly concerned with those doing OC. I mostly CC because I figure most people will see me as a harmless gray haired old guy.

Closed Thread