WHY the anti OC argument? - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

WHY the anti OC argument?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I am not sure what to reply to that.

I thought that was Liam Neeson.
Really? Attacking the person and not the argument. That is the last resort of a Liberal losing an argument.

So far, you have done nothing but post "what ifs".

You have yet to post any hard evidence of your claims, which leads me to believe you have none. You have no argument against OC other than speculation.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 845 Times on 530 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Quote:
Really? Attacking the person and not the argument. That is the last resort of a Liberal losing an argument.
I could say plenty about the earlier post but I wanted to avoid being seen as having a go but if you want me to respond to the post with my thoughts I will. You cant please some people.

Quote:
You have no argument against OC other than speculation
This is not a court of law I can have a opinion and in my opinion open carry doesn't make sense. You don't have to like it you don't have to agree with it you have your view I have mine.

Quote:
Attacking the person and not the argument.
How did my replay attack the person. Accusing me of attacking the person is a bit rich coming form someone on this forum.

Last edited by manta; 05-10-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #103

Quote:
I could say plenty about the earlier post but I wanted to avoid being seen as having a go but if you want me to respond to the post with my thoughts I will. You cant please some people.
You couldn't say a damn thing about my, or gunnut's post.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #104
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
You couldn't say a damn thing about my, or gunnut's post
You have lost me with that post. Do you mean I couldn't because you are right or because I am not allowed to. PS I am sure gunnuts can speak for himself or have you decided you are better qualified.

Last edited by manta; 05-10-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #105

Quote:
You have lost me with that post. Do you mean I couldn't because you are right or because I am not allowed to. PS I am sure gunnuts can speak for himself or have you decided you are better qualified.
You were implying that either me or gunnut were attacking you. The below post proves that to be true.

Quote:

How did my replay attack the person. Accusing me of attacking the person is a bit rich coming form someone on this forum.
Shall we count the insults?

Quote:
We have the sort of guys here as well as America that would open carry. He would be wearing a T shirt in the winter showing off the muscles thinking look at me how cool I look while everyone was looking at him thinking what a prat.
Quote:
Is that what your cousin Betty Sue said.
Quote:
I am not sure what to reply to that.

I thought that was Liam Neeson.
Quote:
This is not a court of law I can have a opinion and in my opinion open carry doesn't make sense. You don't have to like it you don't have to agree with it you have your view I have mine.
Your trying to pass off your opinion as fact. We have evidence that proves you wrong, you have nothing.

Quote:
Ok Some things are common sense and don't need evidence to back it up.
Nuff Said.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #106
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Great thread...starting to look like every other OC vs CC topic though. Trip wants links! Trip gets links.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/article_970e24e7-dd5d-57e7-8fb8-a64a0a2b26ba.html

Open carry, in America. Dude went right after the gun and shot him with it.

My two cents: Depends on where Im at and what Im doing. Im out in the boonies, especially by myself, its OC. drunken locals can get mighty weird around here, Id like them to know up front that im armed and to keep your f**king distance Billy Joe!

Pulling into a north Portland minit mart at 2 Am, definitely CC. Too many tweakers, gang bangers and thugs around looking for trouble. Don't want trouble, me wants a soda.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
Viking Likes This 
Old 05-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #107

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

I did finally see the link you gave earlier, I believe that would bring the tally up to two, but only one in this country.
I think your going to see that it's a rare occurrence to have your gun taken and used against you in an oc carry situation.

I carry concealed most of the time when I'm out and about and don't like to advertise, but I'm not all against open carry.

I think you'll see in a fight or flight situation your going to see the dirt bag fleeing more often than not when confronted.

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed! Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by PC167; 05-10-2013 at 06:50 PM.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 05-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
You couldn't say a damn thing about my, or gunnut's post
If you count them as insults you are easy insulted. They are opinions not insults.

Quote:
that's not what your wife said!
Quote:

Is that what your cousin Betty Sue said
Do you not see my post as a realisable reply to the above post by Tackelberry.s he didn't have a problem with it. Are you talking for him as well or have you decide to be offended for him. You seem determined to stir things up that's OK if that's what floats your boat. I have give you opinion if you don't like it that's fine.

Last edited by manta; 05-10-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #109

Quote:
If you count them as insults you are easy insulted. They are opinions not insults.

Do you not see my post as a realisable reply to the above post by Tackelberry.s he didn't have a problem with it. Are you talking for him as well or have you decide to be offended for him. You seem determined to stir things up that's OK if that's what floats your boat. I have give you opinion if you don't like it that's fine.
You left off where you said this to tack.

Quote:
You should know that size isn't everything.
Tack may or may not have taken this as in insult. It was meant to be an insult either way.

Really? I'm trying to stir stuff up? You have been trolling this thread for weeks. You have continuously tried to pass off your opinion as fact, insulted open carriers, and several members (including the forum itself).

You have an opinion? Thats fine. But what I have a problem with is you trying to shove that opinion down our throats. Which is exactly what you have been doing.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #110

Liked 434 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 1609

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
The argument that your gun will be snatched from it's holster and used against you, and/or that you'll be the first one targeted by a bad guy in the event of an active shooter/armed robbery situation?
!!!

This "Argument is a derivative of the liberal narrative for the population at large that if you get a gun it will somehow be used against you by the bad guy.

As if criminals had superpowers by status of being criminals
Our community is composed of people wjho grew up in this society and as a result even we have internalized some propganda from the enemies of our republic.

thats why this "Argument" the OP mentioned still comes up as much as it does.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Closed Thread