WHY the anti OC argument? - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > WHY the anti OC argument?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Is that what your cousin Betty Sue said.
Her name is Betty Ann... and yeah... she said it too.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #92

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I thought OC was police terminology for pepper spray LOL ... Can that be taken away and used against you ?

Old 05-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #93

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I open carry because it is legal. I also open carry because I don't like having to move cloths out of the way to draw. If you are carrying then you should be alert and observant of your surroundings. If you are alert then no one is going to get your gun. That is just sissies way of justifying them pandering to the Liberal $H!Tbags. I have OCed for over 20 years my wife OCs my sons and daughters also OC all the time. If you don't want to fine don't. Just don't tell me I'm wrong for doing it.

Plus where I live you don't have to have a permit to OC but you do to CC. I don't want on a government list I work hard to keep myself off the radar and obtaining a CCW is public record. Sorry Not gonna do it. Just like I don't own anything my wife does Thank you G. Gordon Liddy for that advice.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #94
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7315 Times on 4399 Posts
Likes Given: 8971

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
I open carry because it is legal. I also open carry because I don't like having to move cloths out of the way to draw. If you are carrying then you should be alert and observant of your surroundings. If you are alert then no one is going to get your gun. That is just sissies way of justifying them pandering to the Liberal $H!Tbags. I have OCed for over 20 years my wife OCs my sons and daughters also OC all the time. If you don't want to fine don't. Just don't tell me I'm wrong for doing it.

Plus where I live you don't have to have a permit to OC but you do to CC. I don't want on a government list I work hard to keep myself off the radar and obtaining a CCW is public record. Sorry Not gonna do it. Just like I don't own anything my wife does Thank you G. Gordon Liddy for that advice.
I don't have to worry about that yet as I live in Illinois and I can't carry at all. I don't want to OC yet I'm nervous about the registration process to CC. I have time to think about it.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #95
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 458 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
I open carry because it is legal. I also open carry because I don't like having to move cloths out of the way to draw. If you are carrying then you should be alert and observant of your surroundings. If you are alert then no one is going to get your gun.
Do you walk around every day on edge watching and observing everything in case you see a threat. Not the way I would like to live but as I have said its up to the individual.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #96

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Do you walk around every day on edge watching and observing everything in case you see a threat. Not the way I would like to live but as I have said its up to the individual.
I am never on edge. I am armed to the teeth. 2 guns, at least 4 knives at all times I am out in public. My knives are so sharp just the weight of the blade will cut through paper and it takes little effort to cut though card stock. Really if you are close enough to touch my gun My karambit is faster and will spill your guts all over the sidewalk faster than you would know what happened.

I would rather be alert and alive than have my head down looking at a smart phone with ear buds in and dead on the sidewalk.

I guess it comes from being in the military and knowing that people are out there lurking waiting to try and kill me. I am alert and I look around. If people ask me what I am doing I use the "I'm people watching" which is true.

It is not about being scared of on edge it is about personal security and personal freedoms. Like I said if you don't want to OC don't I do because I like it. I am comfortable, safe and I know my skills.

Like Bryan Mills said: "what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you."
Old 05-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #97
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
I am never on edge. I am armed to the teeth. 2 guns, at least 4 knives at all times I am out in public. My knives are so sharp just the weight of the blade will cut through paper and it takes little effort to cut though card stock. Really if you are close enough to touch my gun My karambit is faster and will spill your guts all over the sidewalk faster than you would know what happened.

I would rather be alert and alive than have my head down looking at a smart phone with ear buds in and dead on the sidewalk.

I guess it comes from being in the military and knowing that people are out there lurking waiting to try and kill me. I am alert and I look around. If people ask me what I am doing I use the "I'm people watching" which is true.

It is not about being scared of on edge it is about personal security and personal freedoms. Like I said if you don't want to OC don't I do because I like it. I am comfortable, safe and I know my skills.

Like Bryan Mills said: "what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you."
THAT is what a lot of people here don't seem to get. Some people want to open carry, and that is THEIR choice. Not mine, not some guy in the UK, and not anyone else's.

People need to quit trying to constantly criticize OCers. They have the right to carry like that, and really it's no one elses business how they carry other than their's.

The only thing that this thread has shown is that you are more likely to be struck by lightning and hit by a train at the same time than you are to be targeted for OCing. We only found ONE true example of an OCer being targeted.

That alone proves that the vast majority of the arguments against OC are nothing more than very unlikely "what ifs".

Old 05-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #98

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Well you've already established that police and military members of your country could readily be gunned down with automatic weapons in the street, just for being identified, so even if he's the most paranoid person in the world, it's one person, not an endemic, so I don't see where you really have any room to say a damn thing.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #99

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

The only thing that this thread has shown is that you are more likely to be struck by lightning and hit by a train at the same time than you are to be targeted for OCing. We only found ONE true example of an OCer being targeted.

That alone proves that the vast majority of the arguments against OC are nothing more than very unlikely "what ifs".
I did finally see the link you gave earlier, I believe that would bring the tally up to two, but only one in this country.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #100
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 458 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
I am never on edge. I am armed to the teeth. 2 guns, at least 4 knives at all times I am out in public. My knives are so sharp just the weight of the blade will cut through paper and it takes little effort to cut though card stock. Really if you are close enough to touch my gun My karambit is faster
I am not sure what to reply to that.

Quote:
Like Bryan Mills said: "what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you
I thought that was Liam Neeson.

Quote:
Not mine, not some guy in the UK, and not anyone else's.
Quote:
so even if he's the most paranoid person in the world, it's one person, not an endemic, so I don't see where you really have any room to say a damn thing.
So you think he is paranoid.

Quote:
I have said its up to the individual
Is that not what I said.

Certain people target police officers and soldiers. So not identifying your self as one is not rocket science. I wouldn't overstate it there have being two police officers murdered in the last 5 years. How many have being murdered in America. ? I think I saw a video of police officers being attacked by someone with a AK/47 on this forum.

Last edited by manta; 05-10-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Closed Thread