Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Why am I so influenced by movies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Why am I so influenced by movies?

I watched Equilibrium the other night and now I've caught myself looking at Beretta 92FS pistols!

I haven't shot one of those since I was in the Marine Corps. Maybe it's the nostalgia factor or something. Either way, I tend to want guns I see in movies.

That's probably why I'm so frustrated by the Class 3 weapons nonsense. I want to buy a NEW H&K MP5...not one that is older than I am.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Movies can make a weapon look really cool with all the hijinks and monkeyshines they pull off. When I was a kid I wanted to be able to shoot a 38 snubby out of a helicopter and hit my target from 150 yards and not eve mess up my hair like Jack Lord always did on Hawaii 5-0

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson