Why?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Why?

I was trying to find a firearm using the Gun Genie (former Gun Locator) of the GalleryOfGuns site but I found something that I would like to share with you.... if you select Category: Handgun, Gun-Type; Semi-Automatic pistol, then you have to select caliber... they are not using the COLT acronyms... 25AP, 32AP, 45AP (not ACP)... the .380 caliber even have an acronyms. I was wondering why?
...It's like Glock that refuse to put other names on their guns; They say .380AUTO intead .380ACP, .45AUTO instead .45ACP, .40AUTO instead .40S&W, .357AUTO instead .357SIG... but they put .45GAP isn't?

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I had to look up the "45GAP" thing the other day: .45 GAP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They say that cartridge was designed at the request of the Glock guys. It is shorter. I'm glad i didn't buy any.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #3

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo View Post
I was trying to find a firearm using the Gun Genie (former Gun Locator) of the GalleryOfGuns site but I found something that I would like to share with you.... if you select Category: Handgun, Gun-Type; Semi-Automatic pistol, then you have to select caliber... they are not using the COLT acronyms... 25AP, 32AP, 45AP (not ACP)... the .380 caliber even have an acronyms. I was wondering why?
...It's like Glock that refuse to put other names on their guns; They say .380AUTO intead .380ACP, .45AUTO instead .45ACP, .40AUTO instead .40S&W, .357AUTO instead .357SIG... but they put .45GAP isn't?
Colt uses the AUTO in its roll mark on the barrel: My Defender

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #4

Default .45gap

They celebrate that fix something that wasn't broken... solve a problem that don't exist... .45GAP This Glock people think with a hand in the pocket (think only in money) ... all that marketing for a caliber that will not succeed... All that just was the EGO of Gaston Glock by put the Glock name in a caliber, even if is a sh1tty caliber as .45GAP... if he is so proud of his caliber why refuse put the name of the others in their pistols... I bet that he won't like that S&W, Colt or Sig put MINI.45 for firearms chambered in .45GAP (of course... if the low their standards to make a gun chambered in .45GAP)

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

Old 02-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #5

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo View Post
They celebrate that fix something that wasn't broken... solve a problem that don't exist... .45GAP This Glock people think with a hand in the pocket (think only in money) ... all that marketing for a caliber that will not succeed... All that just was the EGO of Gaston Glock by put the Glock name in a caliber, even if is a sh1tty caliber as .45GAP... if he is so proud of his caliber why refuse put the name of the others in their pistols... I bet that he won't like that S&W, Colt or Sig put MINI.45 for firearms chambered in .45GAP (of course... if the low their standards to make a gun chambered in .45GAP)
Glock went with the GAP to have 45 ACP power in high cap autoloader.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I found it funny as well. Some tupperware is not dishwasher safe, so to speak.

edit* I own a different brand of "tupperware".

Last edited by orangello; 02-18-2009 at 10:07 PM.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Glock went with the GAP to have 45 ACP power in high cap autoloader.
And to create a market when none existed, which has proven to be an Epic Fail since GAP ammo is so damned expensive.

My understanding is that the .45 GAP was meant to be a double stacked autoloader cartridge that would fit in smaller hands, and thus, make a market for the plastic UBER pistol that is Cane's favorite....

I never really bought into the round. The theory is sound, there is "space" left inside the case of a properly loaded .45 ACP round - but it's been working for about 105 years, why change it now??

JD

Old 02-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #8

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
I never really bought into the round. The theory is sound, there is "space" left inside the case of a properly loaded .45 ACP round - but it's been working for about 105 years, why change it now??
Because Change is good. Just like Obama he's gonna pay my car off and pay my mortgagee if I help him.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
...make a market for the plastic UBER pistol that is Cane's favorite...
JD, don't tell to anybody... shhhh... "he has one"(whispering)
or is a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Because Change is good. Just like Obama he's gonna pay my car off and pay my mortgagee if I help him.
LOL ...
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

Last edited by AsmelEduardo; 02-18-2009 at 11:06 PM.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Perhaps their next offering will be the .45 controlled recoil auto pistol

(giggles as he waits for forum members to spell it out)