Why? - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #71
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1296 Times on 637 Posts
Likes Given: 814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
and there are some who are not a fit on any forum!

there are a few specific forums i belong to to gain technical information and knowledge for things work related. i visit those pretty much to just be able to better able to work on specific types of equipment. lots of them have members who are factory trained or work on that type of equipment on a regular basis.
True dat!!

Or not fit FOR any forum!!

Terry

Jesus Christ told me to be armed.
The government wants me disarmed.
Guess which one I will obey?

Old 08-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #72

Liked 2218 Times on 1524 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I am sure there are people that have other interests than guns. They get the information they need and move along. Most of the questions people ask can be answered with a google search. They just don't know the right keywords. Once we take a stab at their ill formed question they have the right keywords.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:26 PM   #73
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 903 Times on 570 Posts
Likes Given: 4779

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I am sure there are people that have other interests than guns. They get the information they need and move along. Most of the questions people ask can be answered with a google search. They just don't know the right keywords. Once we take a stab at their ill formed question they have the right keywords.

The drawback to being a novice and doing a google search, you really don't know what is accurate and what isn't. That's why we should try to make them feel welcomed, not tell them that their idiotic question really is idiotic, and show them that FTF has members that have a wealth of knowledge to share.

I first joined a year prior to whatever it says I did - under another screen name. At the time, I didn't stay because a few members were being douches. I closed that email account, so when I decided to come by again, I had to create a new account.

And quite honestly, if someone was a douche, instead of being helpful, I wouldn't have stayed.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #74
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22191 Times on 12450 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
i have to agree with Mason. as much useful information is floating around on the world wide web, there is just as much misinformation and outright lies out there as well. just like some here like to breed lies and misinformation, which is why some of us take great pains and care in trying to keep those to a minimum so that those new to guns or the shooting world are getting the truth and useful information they can use to make an informed decision.

even some of us who have been around guns and such for the better part of our lives, will challenge what is written here on this forum. just because somebody wrote in a post, doesn't mean anyone with any intelligence will accept it as gospel. there are always a few uppity idiots who get all butthurt if someone challenges their comments or opinions on things if asked for proof or evidence that supports them.

not matter how true or false something may be, it's still an opinion until it's supported by a credible source. IMO, those new to the sport or the ownership of a gun deserve to have the most factual information that we as responsible and ethical gun owners can provide them. there are those who have been into guns a long time who may be venturing into a different area of guns that are seeking knowledge. there are those who have lots of valuable knowledge that they are willing to share with others, just because they enjoy sharing that knowledge free of charge.

let me ask you a question then JD. if doing a Google search of the web is so easy to find and answer, (and it usually is as i do it myself) then why are you a member here at FTF? i mean if the answer to all of life's questions are just a few keystrokes away, why do you bother to keep coming back here on the forum?