Why?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21641 Times on 12276 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default Why?

does anyone else notice that some members post a few times and then are never heard from again?

do they just join to find out some specific information, and then just disappear, never to be heard from again?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2014, 05:29 PM   #2

Liked 1002 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 650

Ummm, yeah, I think so....pretty sure.

Why don't we go through and weed out the members with a low post count who haven't posted in a certain time period? (Don't worry Axxxe, you're fine.)

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

People Like This 
Old 08-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Ummm, yeah, I think so....pretty sure.

Why don't we go through and weed out the members with a low post count who haven't posted in a certain time period? (Don't worry Axxxe, you're fine.)
it's like they just have specific concern or question, and get the answer and then never come back.

granted when i joined the forum, it was about guns in specific, but i stayed because of the members and the social type atmosphere. if not for FTF, i probably wouldn't have any friends!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:39 PM   #4
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7262 Times on 3960 Posts
Likes Given: 14746

If my first post received some of the responses I have seen, I would not have returned. I have been guilty of this as well. I plan to try to restrain myself in the future. No promises.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 08-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
If my first post received some of the responses I have seen, I would not have returned. I have been guilty of this as well. I plan to try to restrain myself in the future. No promises.
no offense and none taken!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #6

Liked 2220 Times on 1303 Posts
Likes Given: 484

I've joined other specialty forums when researching things or getting ready to buy something, then dropped out.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
I've joined other specialty forums when researching things or getting ready to buy something, then dropped out.
i think many here did the same thing. i know i did personally. but some just get what information they can or need and then disappear. some of us stay around.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 532 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default I've done that

because perhaps that forum didn't hold my interest...but if I LIKE a forum, you are stuck with me..LOL. Guess where FTF fell?

I was on audiokarma.org for years...

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

People Like This 
Old 08-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #9

Liked 1863 Times on 1043 Posts
Likes Given: 1233

I think some people join the forum just to try to start a fight. Then they move on. There is one guy that had 30 posts over a period of like 2 years. I simply followed his post by encouraging him to post more. He ended up sending me a nasty pm. I don't know what is wrong with people.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 08-23-2014, 06:38 PM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I guess I could understand them wanting information from probably the "Best Weapons Forum" and whos members are the most knowledgeable. But what really agrivates me is when they come on post a thread with a question and never respond to the members who have provided them with the information they requested?\! Never to be heard from again! Even a "Thank You" would be appreciated!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This