Who's a Fisherman?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Who's a Fisherman?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 04:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Who's a Fisherman?

We all know we're all certified gun nuts...lol. I'm curious how many of us tend to sneak off to the local lake/stream/river to catch some fish when we are not at the range?

I am an avid fisherman. I like to spend my springtime and summertime on the rivers and lakes in Montana relaxing with family and taking in the scenery.

Maybe a thread can be started on basic fishing type stuff (fly fishing versus bait fishing, types of lures you have, etc....)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2009, 04:19 AM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I drift fished the Madison two years ago with a guide. Wet fly with a trailer, Northern White fish and a couple of Rainbow. Great fun and something the entire family can become involved in without too much expense. Sorry to say, not much fishing to be had where I am .

People get the government they deserve.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:08 AM   #3

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I fish nearly every day, got a lake in the back yard. Usually catch bass and when I do the dog goes nuts. Release every one and quit for the day.

I have the ocean 11 miles East of me and the Everglades 2 miles West. The Keys are just over an hour South.

Yea, I fish some.

cane

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-09-2009, 05:44 AM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Newbie..

I was an avid hiker and offroader, I love outdoors, almost 2 years ago I had a terrible work accident, a quarry truck tire crush my pelvis and legs (just the tire... not the entire turck) since that I have to learn walk again, no more heavy loads on my back.... so... bye hike (I continue offroading), some friends start talking abut fishing... and here I am... learning to fish.... here in Venezuela, the trophy is the Peacok Bass, called Pavon... I still can't fish one but soon I will that's the fishing about... patience

Old 01-09-2009, 06:05 AM   #5

like ti fish for bluegill and crappie in the spring with my daughter. Try to fish for catfish just cant find the time anymore. Used to go 3 to 5 nights a week. Ran a few net and lines in the river. No better way to relax.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #6

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Does having more fishing polls than guns and 4 tackle boxes packs full of stuff make me one? I don't fish as much as I would like. But I like to fish I like to watch the kids fish more than fish my self.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #7

We have some great fishing here in Florida.Caught some nice Specks last week, the largest was 15" long and 2.25 lbs.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #8

Heres a pic of the largest one.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Ice Fishing

Ice fishing is my second passion. I just love those cold water gills. I was out yesterday and I'm having fresh gills tonight. Yum, Yum.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I mostly fish bass on Lake Shasta, but if I get the chance, I'll hit Sacramento or Trinity River when the salmon and steelhead are running.

3 or 4 times a year, I'll head over to the coast for some surf fishing.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.