Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Who is your news source ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

FOX, and MSNBC, That way i get the right wing, and left wing versions, and can make up my own mind, And i guess their comentary, not news, but i like to watch Oriley (i think he is drunk half the time) Hannity, on FNN, and the fur trader on MSNBC.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 12-21-2011, 01:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
NPR, BBC, CNN, and The Daily Show. NPR on my way too and from work more often than the others.
Nothing against you personally, and I don't know about "the Daily Show", but you've just listed probably the top 3 channels that just about everbody refers to as the most liberal. In my experience they're pretty much in lock step with the rest of the major lefty broadcasters.

Although better than the others, even Fox news is not conservative in all respects, but on some topics sounds just like the lefties, so they're not "fair and balanced" or as conservative as they claim.

If you want to get "the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey used to say I recommend the Drudge report & cnsnews.com.

Yeah, I'm conservative/"right wing", & happy to be so. I thought on a gun forum I'd find more of the same.

You can listen to whomever you want, but i'll bet that if you asked the broadcasters or staff of NPR or CNN they all voted for Obama. I'll also bet that you won't find many of them, if any, that support your 2nd ammendment rights. If you want to get your perspective of the world from that kind of people that's your choice.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:48 AM   #13

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

If we watch tv news it is the local CBS channel or Fox. I watch some commentary on Fox, but it gets tiresome with too many wanting to make a shock comment to incite shouting on the panel shows.
I scour the web for most of my news. I skim the headlines on Drudge for interesting stories. I check the Weekly Standard online for blogs and stories every morning. Look at Forbes and Financial Times every morning. I check Neal Boortz's Neal's Nuze and program notes, if you haven't heard of him he is a rabid Libertarian who is hoot to listen to on the radio. Sometimes I go to Newsmax, I get The Best of the Web in my email every day from the Wall St. Journal.
I also get a daily newspaper and subscribe to The Weekly Standard and The American Rifleman. That covers most of where I get my news and from which I form my oppinions.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 12-21-2011, 02:08 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7660 Times on 4420 Posts
Likes Given: 9875

I read the San Jose Mercury News every morning as I have for decades. At the same time my wife is watching Good Morning America on TV. When I finish the paper (comics are last), I go online and read Reuters, BBC, and many other news sources. When I have time (which is rarely) I listen to a Sacramento "infotainment" radio show, Armstrong and Getty Armstrong & Getty - Armstrong & Getty They have a good show (it was named one of the "Best New News & Politics" podcasts on iTunes for 2011). Pretty even handed with a lot of humor. They approach life and politics in much the same way I do. When they go off the air at 10:00 and I am still listening I will listen to Rush for as long as I can stand him. I listen to Glenn Beck for awhile as well (again, on the rare occasion when I have the time), I also flip over to NPR.

Other than my wife watching GMA while I read the paper I watch virtually no TV news. In the evenings I will look up stuff on the internet that I have heard about throughout the day.

Don't rely on any one source. Go to many and question them. Use your intellect to determine what you believe to be the truth. And be willing to find you have determined wrongly.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:25 AM   #15
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Here's what's in my news list...

Quad City Times (local)
Moline Dispatch (local)
Drudge Report
The Blaze
Flyover Geeks
FoxNews.com
Breitbart.com
NewsBuster.org
NewsMax
RealClearPolitics
WSJ.com
Financial Times
NYTimes
Forbes
FoxBusiness
CBSNews
USNews

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 12-21-2011, 04:42 AM   #16

Liked 671 Times on 412 Posts
Likes Given: 1666

My car radio stays tuned to NPR most of the time. I've known them to take flack from both the Left and the Right for various stories, and as an Independent voter, I think NPR is as impartial as any news organization around. At lunch I read my boss's Wall Street Journal (I'm a tax accountant for a financial services company, and have to stay informed about things that impact my job duties). I catch bits and pieces of various local news stories, but seeing as how I'm in Oklahoma, all the local news is skewed to the Right. The occasional times I've caught The Daily Show, I've found it to be dead on most of the time, humor or not.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5115 Times on 2661 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striperhound View Post

Yeah, I'm conservative/"right wing", & happy to be so. I thought on a gun forum I'd find more of the same.
The truth about gun ownership and the second ammendment is that amongst actual voters it crosses party lines. Altho republicans like to claim its "their issue" its been republican presidents that have done the most harm to gun ownership in america. The most aggregious example is ronald the clown reagen cheerfully signing the 1986 gun ban into effect which we still suffer from. Then george bush 1 doing it also!!

democrats will tend to vote for bans but thats only if they have political cover with a republican in power to take the hit. Its a major reason i dont want newt or romney they are both leftist enough to sign a ban into law just to get along!!! There IS a reason that from 2008 to 2010 there was zero movement from democrats on the gun ban issue when they had near filibuster proof majorities in both houses...

Im not saying its a cut and dried thing that a portion of them arent anti gun, my point is its a much more complex issue than R vs D.

as for NPR listening to that for the time of day at the least is akin to expecting truth in broadcasting from joseph goerbals in the 1940s....

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-21-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:40 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3624

ROX news # 1 !!!!!!!

Old 12-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 612 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 352

FoxNews in the morning, but it's a little hard to take sometimes, what with the giggles and the guest chefs cooking up something on the sidewalk. I get a quick summary from the Drudge Report then go to Lucianne.com News Forum - HomePage. I haven't seen anyone list this site. For those unfamiliar with it, it gives headlines which are updated by the minute, a quick summary, a comment by the blogger and a click takes you to the original article if you are interested. Reader comments are also available. Leans conservative.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #20

Liked 947 Times on 695 Posts
Likes Given: 514

Business North Carolina - North Carolina's business magazine

Thats the magazine I get monthly , Its all business related but it is also very informative and has two sections with one righty and one lefty who write a artical apiece , It also tell what new companies are moving into NC and when and where along with how many it will employee , purtty good mag in my book.

I also find it amazing and curious how the nuclear cluster phuck in japan has just up and vanished from the media like a fart in the wind . You would think that would be a semi important issue to keep focused on .

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.