Who You Backing?? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Who You Backing??

View Poll Results: Who Are You Backing??
Gina "Conviction" Carano 6 35.29%
Cristine "Cyborg" Santos 11 64.71%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 05:32 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That's what I get for quoting the reporter...damn it even stated the clock was at 4:59!!
Time to get some sleep!!

Old 08-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #32

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Dammit!!!!!!!! Cyborg was defiantly more physical, stronger and hungrier than my girl. I still like Gina, but she really needs to work on her cardio, she seemed a bit slow and lethargic out there. I think Cyborg is gonna go far, but if she wants a bigger American fan base, she better start learning a little English.

Ok........I backed an underdog and got spanked........so I guess I am not smarter than a horny 10th grader.

I will humbly accept any criticism JD and Ineff you throw my way for my poor choice of beauty over brawn, I have no excuse, but I still like Carano. Girl needs a lot more PT!

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #33

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Gina's cardio was fine. She was only in there for 5 minutes, but they were five minutes with a woman about a third larger than her, who was starving on a deserted island for 4 days and hungry for meat.

Gina would have done better if she hadn't given up her mount over Cyborg.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Gina's cardio was fine. She was only in there for 5 minutes, but they were five minutes with a woman about a third larger than her, who was starving on a deserted island for 4 days and hungry for meat.

Gina would have done better if she hadn't given up her mount over Cyborg.
Indeed, I agree, but Gina was soft compared to Cyborg and Cyborg was not bigger than Gina, in stature, she was just tighter and quicker, in a "ripped" package.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

Old 08-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #35

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, Gina is a former world title holder in Muay Thai, so it's not like she lacks skills.

Fact of the matter is this: Where you train, makes a big difference in how you fight.

Gina recently started training at Extreme Couture. That was 8 months or so ago. She should have had a better game plan, especially when you consider that Randy himself was cornering her.

Cris Cyborg trains with her husband, and about 100 other bad ass dudes at Chute Boxe. They don't go half speed at Chute Boxe. They go all out, all the time.

Chute Boxe has given the fight world the following fighters, who have been champions:

Wanderlai Silva ( he now trains in Nevada but he got his start there )
Anderson Silva ( before Black House there was only Chute Boxe )
The Rua brothers ( Shogun & Ninja )
Gabriele Gonzaga ( the guy who knocked out Cro Cop )

They are a tough, tough gym. And to be a chick that trains there, sparring with guys all the time, you have to harder than your average fighter.

Gina just got overwhelmed, which was why she was a 2:1 underdog. She still has plenty of fight left in her, but she needs to decide, am I fighter, or am I fighting because I want to do movies. I think it's the second one, and if she isn't fully commited, then go do movies and make a mint and have a great time. Otherwise, you need to get back in the gym and trap out all the photoshoots and guest appearances and get serious.

Cris Cyborg is a very good, engaging person, she does speak some English ( we got to meet her about a month ago on a card here in the Seattle area ), she has a beautiful smile and amazing legs/rearend.

She might not be a classic beauty, but she will be good for the sport and positive role model for women in the sport. She won't be on the cover of Maxim anytime soon, but she won't be a victim of domestic or other violence anytime soon either.

By the way, I want 4-0 on my picks for the fights last night. Yeah, I got lucky, so what?

JD

Old 08-16-2009, 05:35 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Well, Gina is a former world title holder in Muay Thai, so it's not like she lacks skills.

Fact of the matter is this: Where you train, makes a big difference in how you fight.

Gina recently started training at Extreme Couture. That was 8 months or so ago. She should have had a better game plan, especially when you consider that Randy himself was cornering her.

Cris Cyborg trains with her husband, and about 100 other bad ass dudes at Chute Boxe. They don't go half speed at Chute Boxe. They go all out, all the time.

Chute Boxe has given the fight world the following fighters, who have been champions:

Wanderlai Silva ( he now trains in Nevada but he got his start there )
Anderson Silva ( before Black House there was only Chute Boxe )
The Rua brothers ( Shogun & Ninja )
Gabriele Gonzaga ( the guy who knocked out Cro Cop )

They are a tough, tough gym. And to be a chick that trains there, sparring with guys all the time, you have to harder than your average fighter.

Gina just got overwhelmed, which was why she was a 2:1 underdog. She still has plenty of fight left in her, but she needs to decide, am I fighter, or am I fighting because I want to do movies. I think it's the second one, and if she isn't fully commited, then go do movies and make a mint and have a great time. Otherwise, you need to get back in the gym and trap out all the photoshoots and guest appearances and get serious.

Cris Cyborg is a very good, engaging person, she does speak some English ( we got to meet her about a month ago on a card here in the Seattle area ), she has a beautiful smile and amazing legs/rearend.

She might not be a classic beauty, but she will be good for the sport and positive role model for women in the sport. She won't be on the cover of Maxim anytime soon, but she won't be a victim of domestic or other violence anytime soon either.

By the way, I want 4-0 on my picks for the fights last night. Yeah, I got lucky, so what?JD

I concurr with you a 100% sir to everything you have stated, and especially the training situations between the two and the future fighting career of Gina. Now you know why I stay the hell out of that damn MMA thread you guys have. MMA fighting is not watched as often as I would like. That's my fault and my loss. I backed the wrong one based on past accomplishments and family history, pure lust and total commitment, instead of training history, stats and watching her fight. That Cyborg is going to do well and go far, I think.

JD...........You's the man, you gots the same passion for MMA as you do firearms, and I gotta give a big shout out to Ineff, you's both is the "Mans."

Respect and peace to ya both, bros.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 08-16-2009, 10:39 PM   #37

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Step in and speak your mind Jack - Everyone can be right when it comes to an MMA fight.

That is why they hold the fight in the first place, to see who really will win.

Besides, we need more traffic in that thread.

Otherwise I have to listen to Ineffable continue to lick the dangly parts of BJ Penn all the time.

JD

Old 08-17-2009, 07:52 AM   #38
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I picked it to go three rounds (go figure what I know)
I expected that Cyborg would win based on upper body strength but didn't expect it to be almost an over match. Gina has skill but was on the defense from the start.

I have to start watching more MMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Newest Threads