Who is watching TUF?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Who is watching TUF?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Default Who is watching TUF?

The New season of 155# fighters look like a good set of fighters. I like that Bruce Leroy kid that dude had the biggest grin the entire fight.

That goofy looking dude that won by guillotine choke. I have never seen one sunk that deep I though he was gonna pop old dude head off.

I am already sick of hearing Koshchecks effing mouth though. That is the only drawback to this season.

Whats everyone else's take on it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

GSP might be one of the most well prepared, best conditioned fighters on the planet. He is also about as interesting as being made to watch paint dry. This whole season is going to be a bust EXCEPT for Koscheck's mouth. That will be the only bright spot for me, because the fighters sure haven't impressed me.

So, yes, I will be watching. It's still free MMA.

Bruce Leroy will get KTFO by the second fight. He has a HUGE bullseye on his back right now because of Dana saying how much he loves the guy. Mark my words.

I guess the Daniel Head, who was fighting the redheaded dude & was the one who was beat to SHI*ITE after the fight, was talking all sorts of crap about how he was going to be the reason for the first death in a UFC ring. Talking about how great he is and how bad ass he is. Then he gets his ass handed to him in the first round and looks like a body double for Attack of the Killer Baseball Bats...LOL

I love it when Karma comes along and bites you right in the ass.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #3

Daniel Head yeah that dude look like someone beat him with a dam tree trunk Not some sissy ass cedar no an effing redwood is what he got beat with. Good lord I am surprised that Herb didn't stop the fight before he did. The kid took 14 shots to the face in a ROW unanswered.

I agree that Bruce Leroy will get KTFOed as well. But I like the kid he's spunky....

I like the American Indian kid but he gassed out FAST. Then spend most of Round 1 dazed and confused.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:44 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I talked about this in "The Official MMA Thread". I like the Asian dude, Nam Phan I think is his name?
Everybody hates Koscheck, but I don't mind him. I usually like watching him fight, and I don't let his attitude affect me that much.
I don't really care too much for GSP, although I rooted for him and got VERY excited when he crushed Matt Hughes, one of my LEAST favorite fighters.

My home defense system? A Rottie and a shotty...

Old 09-19-2010, 12:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by igordog View Post
I talked about this in "The Official MMA Thread". I like the Asian dude, Nam Phan I think is his name?
Everybody hates Koscheck, but I don't mind him. I usually like watching him fight, and I don't let his attitude affect me that much.
I don't really care too much for GSP, although I rooted for him and got VERY excited when he crushed Matt Hughes, one of my LEAST favorite fighters.
**HIDING UNDER A CHAIR**

JD like MH and has met the dude in person. Mat is a huge hunting and loves firearms from what I understand.

SO i like him just for that.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:44 AM   #6

^^^^Oh it's true.

My lady and I have met Matt Hughes and he was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Took a picture with my woman, then when I effed up the save of said picture, was more than generous 5 minutes later when we came back and asked to take the picture again.

I know that igor hangs out at Shernuts, and I know he is not popular over there, that is for sure. I suspect a lot of the haters have never met the man and have formed an opinion based on what they have read.

Okay, the guy slept with some chicks and still promotes being religious. IF you are religious too, I think you have a bitch. If not, then SHTF. Period.

Unless you can tell me without a shadow of a doubt that if you were rich and famous, with women throwing themselves at you, that you would turn them all down. I don't honestly know if I could hold myself to that high a level of restraint.

As for his MMA ability - Matt Hughes is one of the true greats and his record speaks for itself.

Plus he is VERY Pro-2A, is an avid hunter and outdoorsman. I would rather spend some time with him than GSP and his techno man on man dancing ass.

JD

Old 09-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
^^^^Oh it's true.

My lady and I have met Matt Hughes and he was one of the nicest people you could ever meet. Took a picture with my woman, then when I effed up the save of said picture, was more than generous 5 minutes later when we came back and asked to take the picture again.

I know that igor hangs out at Shernuts, and I know he is not popular over there, that is for sure. I suspect a lot of the haters have never met the man and have formed an opinion based on what they have read.

Okay, the guy slept with some chicks and still promotes being religious. IF you are religious too, I think you have a bitch. If not, then SHTF. Period.

Unless you can tell me without a shadow of a doubt that if you were rich and famous, with women throwing themselves at you, that you would turn them all down. I don't honestly know if I could hold myself to that high a level of restraint.

As for his MMA ability - Matt Hughes is one of the true greats and his record speaks for itself.

Plus he is VERY Pro-2A, is an avid hunter and outdoorsman. I would rather spend some time with him than GSP and his techno man on man dancing ass.

JD
OK...Everyone here has been nothing but nice to me so far, so I'll be nice too, but I have to respond. I have no idea where this is coming from....
Yes, I do frequent Sherdog. It was the first MMA website that I came across when I first got a computer and I stuck with it. Why you say that I'm not popular there, I don't know...But whether I am or not, I don't really care. It's an internet site with thousands of members (mostly immature kids), so I don't really care whether I'm "popular" or not.
If you say that because I don't like Matt Hughes, then I guess it's true. When you met Matt, he may have been perfectly nice to you, and that's great. I don't take anything away from the fact that he was one of the greatest champions that the UFC ever saw either (when it comes to winning and defending his title that is.)
I just don't like him. There's certain people in this world who rub you the wrong way, and he's one of them. No, I've never sat down and talked to him personally...All that I know about him is what I've seen on television, and read in interviews and books.
Now, I am not religious. I've never even heard about Hughes sleeping with other women, and I don't care about him and his religion so that has nothing to do with it. Why you brought that up, I don't know.
You speak of Hughes' record...While he had a great string of wins in the UFC, his record isn't REALLY all that impressive when you look at it. He was pretty much undefeated until he joined the UFC, BUT...there are only a few fighters with names (none of which mean anything now) on that roster.
Once he joined the UFC, he beat Carlos Newton to take the belt...Did you see that fight? I am of the opinion that it was a fluke. He went out from the triangle when he was holding up Newton, and when he went down he KO'd Newton and happened to be the first one to wake up, so he won the belt.
Who else did he beat? He's 1-1 with B.J., 1-1 with GSP, he beat Trigg 2x (after almost losing himself) and most people wouldn't consider that a giant accomplishment looking at Trigg and his career now, Joe Riggs (where's he now?), Chris Lytle (where's he now?), Hyato Sakuri (sp?), Sean Sherk (I know he's fighting this weekend, but he's nowhere near the top 10 anymore), and a few other not so big names. Royce Gracie and Renzo Gracie are two of my idols, and although they're part of my reason for hating Matt so much, they were old and out of their element (they had no business being in there with him) when he beat them.
When he fought Thiago Alves, he got crushed...When he fought Matt Serra, he fought to a decision. When he fought GSP the second time, he got crushed.
The guy just seems to have an extremely high opinion of himself, even though he didn't accomplish as much as he thinks he did. When he was on TUF I liked him less and less, (especially when he yelled at Rashad for showboating), and like I said, it really made me dislike him when he beat Royce and Renzo.
It's fine with me that you like him. The fact that you have your reasons for liking him validates it, and that's even better. But I don have my reasons for not liking him, and I think that you should respect my opinion as I respect yours. If the fact that he's an outdoorsman and he has a love for firearms is another reason for you to like him, that's fine with me. But, I'm entitled to my opinion, aren't I?
And just to clarify, I DID say that I don't care too much for GSP...I don't know what you're implying with, "I would rather spend some time with him than GSP and his techno man on man dancing ass"...But when they fought, I just chose the lesser of two evils as I saw it.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #8

I apologize, I was not taking a shot at you. I think you might have misread what I wrote.

Hughes isn't popular over at Sherdog. Not you. I was stating that a lot of the hate about Hughes, especially on Sherdog, is from people who think they know more about MMA than they actually know. As you have indicated.

Now, as to the dispute as to who Hughes beat - this is where we disagree. Hughes was the GOAT for a long time when MMA was not successful and did not have 500 training camps with all the flavors of the month.

Newton was 9-4 when Hughes beat him for the title and Newton had just beat Militech by choke to win the belt. Newton was someone when they fought. I agree, Hughes got caught in a triangle and was probably out.

Sakurai had never been stopped when he fought Hughes. He had a couple of decisions against him, including a draw with Anderson Silva, but he had always been standing at the end of the fight. A good match up at the time. Hughes stopped him in the 4th.

Comes back and beats Newton in a rematch.

Sherk was fighting at 170 ( out of his element really ) and had one loss with like 20 wins against some quality fighters when he fought Hughes. Another good fight at the time.

Then we go into the modern days. Beats Trigg twice, Loses to BJ, regains the belt, beats GSP, put his belt on the line for the contract with Royce, but Royce didn't want to fight at 170. Beat him badly. Beat BJ senseless when BJ was still considered dangerous and running the 155 class.

He had the record for title defenses until Anderson came along and like him or not, he showed up in shape for every fight, he fought every fight and he is still the only person I have seen call out his number one contender (GSP) on the same night he just defended his title. Beats BJ "George is next in line, lets, so let's go".

As to how he carries himself. I haven't ever met someone who was super successful that didn't carry themself to a higher regard than others around them. I met Tito once and that guy is the biggest douche in real life. Now that guy is an ass.

Hughes was very polite and he was a good guy when we met him. He was respectful and he was very patient when someone who was standing in line to get a book signed got to the front of the line and realized he was in the wrong line.

The guy was mad at Hughes, or the situation, and it would have been easy for Matt to tell him to eff off and get in the right line. He didn't, he actually asked the author to sign the book for the guy since he had already waited in line and the guy got what he wanted. Hughes didn't have to do that, his twin brother was right there and he could have easily pawned the old guy off on him, or one of his "helpers" but he did it himself just to keep things moving.

We were the next people in line, the second time, to get the make up picture and Matt was all smiles and he was very cool.

Could it have been an act? Sure. He could be a real tool behind the scenes, but from what I have seen personally, he doesn't deserve a lot of the ire he gets in cyberspace.

PS - I wasn't "implying" anything when I said I would rather spend time with Hughes. Hughes as a coach or GSP as a coach ( on TUF ) I would rather spend time with Hughes. I think GSP is one of the best conditioned, smartest, talented athletes on the planet - but that guy is boring, aloof and rude. Not to mention he can't finish a fight lately and I hate to see decisions.

Last edited by Dillinger; 09-19-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Dillinger- No need to apologize. I did misread what you wrote. Honestly, you know more about MMA than MOST of the people who hang out at SD, and I appreciate having someone who's intelligent in the subject to talk to about it.
You can clearly see that people have different opinions and if we all had the same opinion, the conversations would get very boring very fast.
For example, a lot of people don't like Royce anymore, because he still thinks that he's the greatest thing to ever grace (no pun intended) the sport, although he's not. He taught the world that BJJ was vital in the sport of MMA, (that is in the MODERN ERA; His father and uncle taught the world before him in the famous Vale Tudo matches), but he as a fighter is irrelavent now. He's extremely cocky, but after seeing him in UFC I, my life was changed forever. You know what I mean. He will always be a hero of mine. He fought Sakuraba in Pride for an hour and a half after demanding special rules, and he gave up, which made him look like a punk. He demanded that he and Hughes fight at a "catch weight", and he got humiliated...But I'll never forget seeing him in the early days and thinking to myself, "That man is amazing. I need to learn about him and this Brazillian Jiu Jitsu."
That's funny that you said that you met Tito and he was a douche. He's a douche on t.v., in the cage, and I've heard so many people say the same thing about meeting him in "real life".
Anyhow, thanks for talking about this with me. Any time you want to talk MMA, you know where to go!!!

Old 09-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #10

igor - no worries. I have loved MMA since UFC 3. I was one of those people that didn't watch UFC 1 or 2 and heard about it after the fact. I refuse to claim I was there at the start, I wasn't.

However, I have followed it for quite some time and I do love to watch some good fights.

You are correct about Gracie, but his entire family is that way. They all believe they are the reason that MMA is what it is today. Maybe they have claim to the base of the sport, but the original UFC was set about as a marketing ploy for Gracie-BJJ. They were not interested in the sport of what would become MMA, they wanted to "launch" their brand in North America and in that they were MONSTERS.

Not many people talk about the fact that the Gracie's were in California for many years "teaching" BJJ before anyone ever heard of them. I forget which one, but I think it was Helio who was one of the fight choreographers on the original Lethal Weapon in 1987. That whole final fight scene with Riggs and Mr. Joshua was created specifically by the Gracie on scene.

But, in any event, we have Dana and company to thank for a lot more fights, a fight card every month and now TUF, which is where the thread started.

I still think GSP is boring as crap to watch and listen to as a coach. Having said that, he is going to prison rape Koscheck in their rematch.

JD