Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Who out there..? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/who-out-there-87141/)

dango 03-22-2013 03:00 AM

Who out there..?
 
I got about 29 staples and a bunch of stitches . Just below my shoulder blades
and I don't want to idol away. I'm not supposed to lift anything over eight pound for some 4-6 weeks and really getting antsy..!

I got my katana , 4-1/2 lbs. and some light weight dumb-bells , 5 lbs-ish and can not , WILL NOT , just
lie here and fade away . Want to keep it mellow and not hurt myself so , any advice ..? I'm not being stupid about this and really need something to keep "Atrophy" at bay..! I worked too hard after last bout and I'm not going to waste away !

It's not any load bearing area and I do believe that through total self awareness , I can get healthy while lying hear , if I'm very careful..! No risks and I'm not totally dumb , just "ANTSY"..! also , have an array of ankle and wrist weights , just can't stress area below shoulder blades..!

OK then , all "pump you up heads" , what say Yee..?

Advise:..?

towboater 03-22-2013 03:08 AM

Can ya get up?

dango 03-22-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towboater (Post 1185741)
Can ya get up?

Yes , was target shooting my 9mm. off back porch two days ago..! Carefully though.! EeeK..!

NC1760 03-22-2013 10:57 AM

Try grip exercises... Either squeezing a handball or the good old spring-grip. You could also do wrist-twist (note; not wrist-curls mind you) using a light weight while sitting with your elbow resting on your thigh. ... of course, check with your doctor before doing something that might injure, re-injure or delay a healthy recovery.

yayamamasami 03-22-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dango
I got about 29 staples and a bunch of stitches . Just below my shoulder blades
and I don't want to idol away. I'm not supposed to lift anything over eight pound for some 4-6 weeks and really getting antsy..!

I got my katana , 4-1/2 lbs. and some light weight dumb-bells , 5 lbs-ish and can not , WILL NOT , just
lie here and fade away . Want to keep it mellow and not hurt myself so , any advice ..? I'm not being stupid about this and really need something to keep "Atrophy" at bay..! I worked too hard after last bout and I'm not going to waste away !

It's not any load bearing area and I do believe that through total self awareness , I can get healthy while lying hear , if I'm very careful..! No risks and I'm not totally dumb , just "ANTSY"..! also , have an array of ankle and wrist weights , just can't stress area below shoulder blades..!

OK then , all "pump you up heads" , what say Yee..?

Advise:..?

Hey, bud, wtf? What happened to you??

eatmydust 03-22-2013 11:36 AM

Get up and walk!

Walk out into that nature you are surrounded by. Use a cane if necessary, take as many breaks as necessary, just being out in God's country will heal you; mind,body & soul.

trip286 03-22-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatmydust (Post 1186028)
Get up and walk!

Walk out into that nature you are surrounded by. Use a cane if necessary, take as many breaks as necessary, just being out in God's country will heal you; mind,body & soul.

Second this. My granddad in his final years could only stroll around the small catfish pond once or twice a day. It kept him going, and he enjoyed doing what little he could.

You love being out and about in nature. Just take a stroll. Get out and walk around.

yayamamasami 03-22-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286

Second this. My granddad in his final years could only stroll around the small catfish pond once or twice a day. It kept him going, and he enjoyed doing what little he could.

You love being out and about in nature. Just take a stroll. Get out and walk around.

That's crap! Your life is over!! It's done!!! You're no good to anyone anymore. Go hide in a hole and wait to die!!!! You big baby!! "Oh, what do I do? I got an owwie and I don't know what to do! Help me, please, somebody help me!!! I've fallen and I can't get up!!!" Whhaaaaaaa!!!

Not too hurt to type, I noticed!! Not too hurt to shoot (although its only a 9mm. Shoulda expected that from you!!!). Try 12oz curls with formula, Similac, maybe! Bet you need help with your diaper, too! Suck it up, nancypants! 29 staples and stitches is just a little booboo. Damn, I did a HALO jump 2 days after I had my left testicle blown off by a RPG! Got nailed right in my d**k. Don't see me whining! Wrestled a tiger after my hemorrhoid operation! Damn, ain't nothing wrong with you!!

Hope you get better soon.

Your best bud,

yaya

c3shooter 03-22-2013 01:00 PM

As we say in the South-

Lord, HEAL this afflicted child!!!

However, I will let you guys sort out which of you I meant there....

Yes, you want to be active again. Yes, you want to be rebuilding muscle mass and flexibility/ agility you are concerned about losing. Cool.

Start by letting what has been sliced, diced, and made into mounds of cole slaw HEAL. You got a therapist? No, not THAT kind- a physical therapist. Talk with the nice PT person about what you can and cannot do. THEN LISTEN TO THE ADVICE THAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR.

I can't prescribe anything for you at long range (Hell, I have not seen the before and after x-rays!) However, the general term is easy does it. Walking- Excellent. For general condition, for mild aerobic benefit, and keeping your sanity. It is not a marathon nor the Bataan Death March- gradually feel out your limits, and gently stretch them.

unclebear 03-22-2013 01:22 PM

I know your pain man I had a baseball sized sist (basiclly a pocket of infection) in my crack and I had to get it cut out of me. I couldn't sit all I could do was lay down or stand for a month drove me crazy. I got a lot of reading done and worked on a few project couldn't walk too much either so I couldn't go exploring. Since you had shoulder stuff done I would suggest bird watching, I took pics of birds and things that popped into my back yard, not really productive just give you something to do other watch tv all day or read.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.