Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Who likes Metal? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/who-likes-metal-23565/)

KBlue 02-18-2010 04:03 PM

Who likes Metal?

I just wanted to call out my metal brethren on this board, if indeed there are any. I've been listening to metallica and pantera since i was about 10 years old. When I got to college in 03, one of my neighbors introduced me to anthrax and slayer. Since then, i've never looked back. I love everything from older stuff (like priest, sabbath, maiden) to the 80s/90s stuff (thrash, death, black metal) and even some of the "new" bands (lamb of god, municipal waste, mastodon etc). So, where my fellow metalheads at?

skullcrusher 02-18-2010 04:08 PM

There are several of us here. Metallica lost it years ago, imo. I haven't gotten into any newer metal bands for a long time now. I still enjoy the classics. :)

spittinfire 02-18-2010 04:12 PM

Don't really get into the bands you mentioned....Savatage, Bruce Dickenson, Dream Theater are more my style.

NGIB 02-18-2010 04:13 PM

I like gold, silver, and platinum a lot - can't afford any though...:D

General_lee 02-18-2010 04:22 PM

I am indeed, a metalhead.
Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Nightwish, etc.:cool:

cpttango30 02-18-2010 04:38 PM

I will listen to jsut about anything as long as it has NOTHING to do with the Douche Bags that call themselves Metallica. They are dead to me. They should have been shot for their black album. Since them they have done nothing but go down hill.

I would rather listen to Lady GAGA before listing to Metallica.

My music taste is all over the place.

I have just about anyting form Air Supply to Velvet Revolver and The White strpies. Steppenwolf, Tome Petty, Static-X, Stained, Perl Jam (Playing Now) to STP, RHCP, Disturbed possiable the best new metal band to come out since the 80's. I got all their stuff, Hoobastank, Kid Rock, Korn (Not a big fan but it is better then metallica) that is about 1/10 of my music collection.

spittinfire 02-18-2010 04:45 PM

You left out the Johnny Cash and Charlie Pride....

NitroxAZ 02-18-2010 04:58 PM

M.U.Y.A.:eek::eek:

TheOldMan 02-18-2010 05:45 PM

Nothing like having some metal playing loud in the shop when I'm working on my guns...

james_black 02-19-2010 02:28 AM

Right here brother!

Metalhead since I was 13..started with Mötley Crüe, Skid Row, Slaughter etc, then Slayer, Nuclear Assault, Sodom, Kreator, Gwar, Megadeth, Metallica, Sepultura, Anthrax etc then Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Immolation, Malevolent Creation, BloodStorm, At the Gates, Brujeria etc then Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Mayhem, Absu, Mortis, Cradle of Filth, Moonspell, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost etc then Static X, Fear Factory, DevilDriver, Sevendust, Cold, Slipknot, Lamb of God, System of a Down.
Catch the drift? Lol
Never got into the punk rock. I need it strenght and power and headbanging, moshable music.
Can't live without Metal Music.