Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Who here watches the show moonshiners? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/who-here-watches-show-moonshiners-75986/)

SSGSF 11-09-2012 12:37 AM

Who here watches the show moonshiners?

I love to watch this show.
One thing I don't understand is making moonshine is illegal why are they advertising it on tv.

nitestalker 11-09-2012 12:43 AM

I have thought about that also. They are breaking Federal law. I expect we will have a Bank Robbers show and maybe a Murder for Hire show. It sure makes LEOs look like Keystone Cops.:)

SSGSF 11-09-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker
I have thought about that also. They are breaking Federal law. I expect we will have a Bank Robbers show and maybe a Murder for Hire show. It sure makes LEOs look like Keystone Cops.:)

They will just wait. I work with a guy who knows a guy, who makes some applejack and it is good. I usually get a couple of jars around Christmas and give them as gifts.

texaswoodworker 11-09-2012 01:00 AM

More than likely, the moonshiners are either fake, or are doing it legally. I find it very unlikely that a TV show was able to track down moonshiners making illegal alcohol, and then was able to convince them to allow them to be filmed, and put on national television. Especially since they are not all in jail yet.

sputnik1988 11-09-2012 01:07 AM

Fake... If the discovery channel participated in the making and trafficking of moonshine, they would all be in prison. Even being present makes you an accessory. I read an article awhile back talking about it, they are all actors.

One thing I noticed, one of the dirty hillbilly looking guys is exceptionally well groomed, especially for a guy who wears overalls and no shirt.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't moonshine melt a milk jug?

willfully armed 11-09-2012 01:12 AM

Manufacturing is not the issue. Its the quantity, sales, and state lines.

I've consumed a ****ton of Popcorn Sutton's liquor. The rest of the guys are amateurs.

winds-of-change 11-09-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 1007249)
More than likely, the moonshiners are either fake, or are doing it legally. I find it very unlikely that a TV show was able to track down moonshiners making illegal alcohol, and then was able to convince them to allow them to be filmed, and put on national television. Especially since they are not all in jail yet.

I believe this is as much "reality" TV as any of those repo shows or any others.

I did like the commercial where one guy spit the moonshine into the campfire and the fire flared up huge. ROFL I love alcohol you can light on fire. :D

nitestalker 11-09-2012 01:27 AM

There are no exceptions in Federal law to allow the making of distilled spirits by individuals. This alcohol can only be legally produced by a bonded distiller. The cost to be Bonded is in the million dollar range with permits and approved equiptment. :rolleyes:

nitestalker 11-09-2012 01:38 AM

There are no exceptions in Federal law to allow the making of distilled spirits by individuals. This alcohol can only be legally produced by a bonded distiller. The cost to be Bonded is in the million dollar range with permits and approved equiptment. This is all fake. The state of Virginia has made it clear that no laws have been broken. Pop Corn Sutton comimited suicde to avoid Federal Prison on weapons and drug and alcohol charges. His widow and J&M Enterprizes marketed a white whisky under the brand "Pop Corn Sutton White Whisky in Ky. and Tenn. This of course was a Bonded approved and taxed product.:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonshiners_(TV_series)

willfully armed 11-09-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1007288)
There are no exceptions in Federal law to allow the making of distilled spirits by individuals. This alcohol can only be legally produced by a bonded distiller. The cost to be Bonded is in the million dollar range with permits and approved equiptment. :rolleyes:

You are wrong.