Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Who has the best firearms coverage for renters insurance?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ARnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 443
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Who has the best firearms coverage for renters insurance?

I need your help. I've been looking for the insurance company that offers the best firearms coverage for renters insurance? I called Geico and they contract other companies (Fidelity, Assurance, etc.) The max claim that I could submit in the case of theft of my firearms would be 2K. Well, that's ridiculous. I mean, one one my rifle costs about that much alone.

They wanted me to increase my property damage coverage to 75K. My valuables don't even come close to that amount. So, if you guys and gals know of a good renters insurance company, with good coverage of firearms (in the case of theft), please let me know.

__________________
ARnoob is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 11-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 488
Default

State Farm Insurance has a standard amt for firearms, but you can increase it without changing the entire policy. Well at least that is how it was last time I had renters, and that is how our home owners policy works.

__________________
Jess is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ARnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 443
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
State Farm Insurance has a standard amt for firearms, but you can increase it without changing the entire policy. Well at least that is how it was last time I had renters, and that is how our home owners policy works.
Thanks. Do you like the coverage and service that you have with them?
__________________
ARnoob is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 488
Default

We have our vehicles, home, and life insurance through them. They are fantastic And they have an actual office, I'm a bit old fashioned and can't deal with purchasing things as important as insurance without a hand shake. ya know?

__________________
Jess is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ARnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 443
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
We have our vehicles, home, and life insurance through them. They are fantastic And they have an actual office, I'm a bit old fashioned and can't deal with purchasing things as important as insurance without a hand shake. ya know?
Thanks. I'm going to call them today.
__________________
ARnoob is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jpyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sewell,NJ
Posts: 4,815
Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Default Membership has it's benefits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARnoob View Post
I need your help. I've been looking for the insurance company that offers the best firearms coverage for renters insurance? I called Geico and they contract other companies (Fidelity, Assurance, etc.) The max claim that I could submit in the case of theft of my firearms would be 2K. Well, that's ridiculous. I mean, one one my rifle costs about that much alone.

They wanted me to increase my property damage coverage to 75K. My valuables don't even come close to that amount. So, if you guys and gals know of a good renters insurance company, with good coverage of firearms (in the case of theft), please let me know.
NRA Endorsed Insurance Program - Products
__________________

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Jpyle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jpyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sewell,NJ
Posts: 4,815
Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Default

this link takes you to collector and additional arms coverage options through NRA endorsed carriers.

NRA Endorsed Insurance - ArmsCare Plus Firearms Insurance

__________________

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Jpyle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:51 AM   #8
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bigcountry02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest
Posts: 6,231
Liked 1814 Times on 1042 Posts
Likes Given: 3727

Default

USAA, they want a photo copy of the purchase receipt. If the gun is older, more an estimate from a gun appraiser.

__________________
Bigcountry02 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:29 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
yesicarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 306
Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Wow.. Something I've been thinking about but didn't think this was the place to ask..
Thanks for the tips. Learn somethin' everyday as Pop's would say..

__________________

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

yesicarry is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:56 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
spittinfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maiden,NC
Posts: 9,663
Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
USAA, they want a photo copy of the purchase receipt. If the gun is older, more an estimate from a gun appraiser.
Are you sure about this? I'm with USAA and they never mentioned it when I opened my renters policy. I will definately be calling them to make sure. I will say this about them, their customer service is absolutly second to none!
__________________

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

spittinfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Fine People More Than $1,000 for Refusing Health Care Coverage opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 9 07-04-2009 11:57 PM
Illinois Gun Insurance paganwolf Politics, Religion and Controversy 6 02-20-2009 07:28 PM