Who is getting What for Christmas ?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Who is getting What for Christmas ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1132 Times on 820 Posts
Likes Given: 582

Default Who is getting What for Christmas ?

Got the wife a bad ass 3-d HD 18x zoom olympus camera and a SD card that cost almost as much as it did , Another 19in flat screen for the kids play room , a little tool kit , some cooking stuff and got us a 55 in plasma .
Got the grandma & grandpa a flat screen with built in dvd player , somehow I have another 19in flatty '' best buy saw me coming ''. There is a new dvd player somewhere for someone , got the kids some more $hit that takes batteries and makes too much repetitive noise .
I dont know what to get Pops since he is giving me one of the Harleys and dont know what to get my sis who has all of the cool electronic mess anyway .
Bought some wind chimes from tractor supply
And I got this for my aunt , how sweet is that ?
As much money as I have spent I could have said the hell with everyone and got my self a 1928 thompson clone

OH AND NEVER BUY SOMETHING FOR ANYONE THAT YOU CANT USE !

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7319 Times on 4403 Posts
Likes Given: 8982

We spend WAAAY less for Christmas. I don't spend much more than $100/person, if I even spend that much.
So far, my daughter got me tickets to a hockey game. My son, daughter and granddaughter took me. We had a blast. I don't know what else I'll be receiving. I got my daughter a gift certificate for clothes as she's lost a good bit of weight. My oldest son wants snow boots. His fiancee wants a waffle maker. I bought the two grandkids several toys they had asked for. My co-workers and I decided along ago to not exchange gifts. We may bake something and bring it in to share but that's it.

It seems like families like mine are the exception. I am floored by what people spend at Christmas time. I just can't do that and I don't know if I would even if I could.

If the economy is depending on me and my family to set it right by spending a lot of money...........it ain't gonna happen.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #3

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

My wife and I aren't going to exchange gifts this Christmas. It's all going for a three week vacation to Alaska this summer. Can't wait.

NEVER FORGET

astroman Likes This 
Old 12-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #4

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

My wife and I will exchange small gifts for Christmas. We have decided that we have enough "stuff" and getting something for the house makes more sense. We got a nice area rug for the dining room. New curtains for the living and dining rooms and new shower curtains for the bathroom. Oh, and some art to hang in the dining room.
Youngest son is getting a 22" flat screen tv and misc. smaller stuff. Oldest son will get a gift certificate.

Just filling the stocking for my wife adds up to some serious $$. Candy isn't too bad, but to get jewelry I've been looking at the 60% off stuff at Kohl's and JCPenney to save money. She likes her bangles and doodads and looks pretty good in the too.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 12-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #5

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Got my wife a new Glock 17 with a pink tigerstriped duracoat...and she got me my first AR-15 (Colt LE6940)

this is probably my favorite Christmas...EVER

Old 12-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Bought my parents some firewood for Christmas (something they really wanted and needed, plus supports local business.) I bought my brother and his wife some clothes for the new baby and hand painted them a family portrait on canvas (his wife is always saying she wants to put up some of my art in their apartment.) Ordered my grandmother a photo calendar, but it hasn't come in yet. Still haven't gotten everything on my list yet...

Old 12-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #7

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Got the wife a new laptop because hers took a dump and I was tired of her using mine . We usually spend around $200 on each of our kids but this yr we have cut it back to $125 each and we always buy something for the house so we bought a new cheapo 42'' lcd for the living room that everyone will use . I have been doing a few odd jobs on the side and rat holing a few buck here and there for quite some time to buy myself a AR 15 and finally had enough to get it done ,only to find out its not going to be here by Christmas . Mom and dad and the mother in law are getting gift cards and my father in law is getting a pair of $50 binos . Thats it, we cant stimulate the economy much more than that and its more than I truely wanted to spend this year , right around $600 this season the wife says we got off cheap , I just rolled my eyes and walked away

Old 12-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
My wife and I aren't going to exchange gifts this Christmas. It's all going for a three week vacation to Alaska this summer. Can't wait.
NICE! Kill a couple of bears while you are up there.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My wife does most of the shopping so I'm not 100% sure what everyone's getting . I do know that all I asked for was just money, so I can replace the backboard of my basketball goal, and if there's enough left over I might get a Winchester 94 or an SKS.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 12-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 163 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 9

My wife does all the shopping also. We draw names with my wifes family to lessen the burden. I'm so broke this year that my brother gave me $100 to buy for my side. All fun this year, he said, gag gifts only. $10 limit per person. There's my economic stimulation.

Brian

Brian