Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Who is F***ING WHOM?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #31
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Mark,
It sounds like you were fine with paying what you did for the ammo until you saw the old stickers on the ammo (shame on the merchant for not removing them). All the same if you didn't see that old sticker you would have left as a happy customer. You were fine with the price of the ammo until you saw a sticker that showed it use to be much less. It could have been mismarked or a slow moving item where the shop price went up and they had inventory. It isn't so much about what an honest dealer bought the ammo for it's what he will have to pay to restock that effects the price of the ammo on the shelf.

I don't think he gouged you, the price paid at least in my neck of the woods seems fair. As I said if it wasn't for that old sticker you would have left happy so enjoy the rounds and if you can find them cheaper at another store then shop there.
Yes, the price was fair for new inventory. But wnen you take an item that is already CLEARLY marked at a price, you don't sell that item for 45% more money than what it's marked at. This is blatently un-ethical. Apparently, this guy does this a lot as I've seen. I've seen him buy old ammo from customers at pennies on the dollar. If the box is in failry good shape, he'll put it on the shelf with the new ammo and sell it for top dollar. I think that's extremely un-ethical too.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #32
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The fact is, OBAMA is making these gun shop owners VERY, VERY RICH!

Old 04-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Store is in TN. You live in Ole Miss?
I live in Mississippi, but my son is going to Mississippi State this fall. Go Dawgs!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:26 AM   #34
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Yes, the price was fair for new inventory. But wnen you take an item that is already CLEARLY marked at a price, you don't sell that item for 45% more money than what it's marked at. This is blatently un-ethical. Apparently, this guy does this a lot as I've seen. I've seen him buy old ammo from customers at pennies on the dollar. If the box is in failry good shape, he'll put it on the shelf with the new ammo and sell it for top dollar. I think that's extremely un-ethical too.
I don't know of any shops that buy old ammo but if they did I would expect them to sell it as dicounted. With that said current stock has to be sold with the expectation of what it will cost to restock and make a reasonable profit. Your grocery store, gas station and sporting goods stores do this to stay in business. As I said before he was happy to pay the price until he saw a lower priced sticker on the box. If the price is more than you believe the product is worth DON'T BUY IT. If you pay the price you must of thought it to be reasonable so why bitch about it unless the product didn't work as described.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #35
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
I don't know of any shops that buy old ammo but if they did I would expect them to sell it as dicounted. With that said current stock has to be sold with the expectation of what it will cost to restock and make a reasonable profit. Your grocery store, gas station and sporting goods stores do this to stay in business. As I said before he was happy to pay the price until he saw a lower priced sticker on the box. If the price is more than you believe the product is worth DON'T BUY IT. If you pay the price you must of thought it to be reasonable so why bitch about it unless the product didn't work as described.
It's a Texas thing, you won't understand...

Last edited by Mark F; 04-15-2009 at 12:43 PM.

Newest Threads