White men are so stupid?? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > White men are so stupid??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I'm glad to be a member of the group that can take a joke, because we know we aren't all lazy, fat, or stupid. Any other group would form a national organization & sue, those wussies.

What about my more specific group, when was the last time you saw a realistic portrayal of a pothead? I know a lot of people who are hard-working, smart, family-oriented, and financially stable tokers, but i don't know very many tiedye-wearing, unemployed, slackers who can afford it. Admittedly, i do have more than one article of clothing that is tiedyed, that i wear on weekends. Most 'heads i know just laugh at the silly character portrayals.

It's no longer cool to make fun of anything that could be considered a disadvantage by those who are too insecure to laugh off a joke. Be proud to be man enough to be made fun of.

Last edited by orangello; 07-30-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:23 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Be proud to be man enough to be made fun of.
I see your point, but we should have some level of self respect.

Comparing this to how potheads are portrayed.........errrrr.....ok.

I just believe the media goes overboard to paint white men in a bad light. and they do.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:27 AM   #13

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post

I just believe the media goes overboard to paint white men in a bad light. and they do.
But we’re also the guys in shows like 24, Flashpoint, Walker Texas Ranger. Burn Nocite (on in 2.5 hrs)

Old 07-31-2009, 12:38 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:

I agree, but don't see how "self respect" should be affected by "other people's respect for me".

I'm a white male pothead. There are many stereotypes of both, most unfounded (munchies granted).

The media does, and will continue to do so, because this is the only demographic not infested with wussies who would get butthurt & band together to sue over what some pack of idiots more interested in ratings than reputation say about them.

One of my best friends in high school was a deeply religious Christian; he made no bones about it & wouldn't take any crap over it either (serious brain could out argue anybody i ever met). This kid would pray over his food in the cafeteria every day; to the point where those of us sitting around him would just wait for him to finish quietly. High school kids make fun of those who are different, but he was sure he was right & said so often but without sounding preachy. He got a lot of respect for that; by the time we graduated, anybody who dared bow up at him found themselves very outnumbered ASAP(very rare occurence). I always respected that guy for standing up for himself regardless of what others thought or said about him.
It didn't hurt that we all probably eventually wondered if he had figured out something we were not capable of. The boy missed a perfect ACT score by one point & retook it. He got a full ride all the way to a PhD in Math and was teaching at some college in West Texas last i heard. I doubt he cares how white men or conservative Christians are portrayed in commercials.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:42 AM   #15

It's all hype and advertising. You take it for it's face value and that's it. It's not meant to be disected and analized for racial or factual content.

Classic example is the pepto commercials. People dancing around holdin their butts and mouth. Hey, if you're that sick go home or to the rest room and download.

I like the NAAWP idea, this is america and we should have racially equal idiotic commercials. Some of which I can think of off the top of my head would make great skits on SNL.

I have a satellite TV set up at the house and the asian, middle eastern and hispanic stations all have similar idiotic commercials using their own nationals. ............... Just my .02...................markerdown

USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Last edited by markerdown; 07-31-2009 at 12:47 AM.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:54 AM   #16
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I agree, but don't see how "self respect" should be affected by "other people's respect for me".

The media does, and will continue to do so, because this is the only demographic not infested with wussies who would get butthurt & band together to sue over what some pack of idiots more interested in ratings than reputation say about them.
In a nutshell there it is I wonder at times if the comercial or the show put another race in that spot the hell that would rain down. My favorite right now is from Red Lobster, I don't know if it is showing in all regions. It has a East coast hottie with what represents the seafood from the region, a West coast hottie doing the same then a chubby white guy with a mullet as the South coast. It's funny but offensive and I expect there will be little issues with the ad. Then again replace that chubby white guy with a mullet with a sterotypical african american (if that is the correct term) and imagine the hell that would rain down on the add.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:00 AM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

It's indoctrination of the bottom feeders, pure and simple.
Just saw a segment on a FOX show that studied the media's portrayal of Univ. of Idaho Grad. and former Alaska Gov. Sara Palin (white) as an idiot and the Gov. of Mass. (black) who is a Harvard Grad. as brilliant.
Sara Palin left office with a 54% approval rating compared to the sitting Mass. Gov. who enjoys a lofty 34% approval rating.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 07-31-2009, 02:59 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

When you're dealing with the MSM, there is a different standard for competent people. I'm not saying that all white men are competent (Per capita, we rule the roost on dumb-assedness) but the left sees an easy target because (Again, per capita)) White men made America the greatest nation in the history of Earth. White men are naturally the target of anti-American leftists which dominate the MSM. It's not a racial thing, it's a political one.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:04 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
This country has been doing it for years. Men are no longer allowed to be men. Thank you women's rights movement...and now they wonder where all the real men have gone. YOU KILLED THEM!

We are in a world of metrosexuals where the lastest fashion and catch phrase are praised but being a MAN(being responsible for yourself, taking care of your family, actually knowing how to fix a few things around the house, mowing your own yard, knowing how to use powertools, shoot, hunt and being willing to beat the crap out of that guy who just goosed your wife or die trying) is ignored. Men have been beaten down and molded into what women thought would make them happy and they were wrong. God designed us to be adventurers, providers, hunters and builders by nature and I'm pretty sure he knows a little bit better then the stupid feminist out there burning their bras.

I highly suggest men read Wild at Heart, a good book for Christian men. have your wife read it too.

My parents raised me to be a man and I am. My wife loves me because I am a man and she respects the differences between us. gojubrian, be the man I'm sure that you are, find support in your girl and tell the rest of the world to take a hike!

+++++++++++Spit!!! You hit the nail smack dab on the head!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-31-2009, 05:07 AM   #20

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:

+1. I kinda feel like we're being poked with a stick to see how much it will take, and when we get pissed, we'll be threatened with the racist label.