Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   White men are so stupid?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/white-men-so-stupid-16315/)

Gojubrian 07-30-2009 02:01 PM

White men are so stupid??

If anyone has been following television lately on just about every channel you will se commercials of stupid, incompetent, lazy, or just dumb white men. WHY??

Some examples are:

1. A moving company commercial when a lady drags the couch out with her husband sleeping on it. The commercial quips, 'or if you need to get rid of any other items just...in the way.' The man finally gets up dumfounded and wanders aimlessly back into the house.

2. A woman getting ready to start a bbq grill when the husband interrupts her with' no, no, no honey...let me do that. There's a certain way you have to do it. (it's match light,duh). He lights it with her making a condescending comment....husband is a dolt.

... re_stupid/

4. http://www.askmen.com/daily/austin_60/6 ... style.html

5. AT& T commercials......

Seriously, why is this ok?

Do you have to be a certain someone to be offended?

I have pretty thick skin, but come on already. If the shoes were reversed........

cpttango30 07-30-2009 02:09 PM

No one told you that you can pick on white men all you want because we are wife beating child molesting scum bags only good for being fat and lazy.

That is why I could not get a single scholarship for college but the black kid driving a benz went to college for free and his mommy and daddy were loaded.

spittinfire 07-30-2009 02:31 PM

This country has been doing it for years. Men are no longer allowed to be men. Thank you women's rights movement...and now they wonder where all the real men have gone. YOU KILLED THEM!

We are in a world of metrosexuals where the lastest fashion and catch phrase are praised but being a MAN(being responsible for yourself, taking care of your family, actually knowing how to fix a few things around the house, mowing your own yard, knowing how to use powertools, shoot, hunt and being willing to beat the crap out of that guy who just goosed your wife or die trying) is ignored. Men have been beaten down and molded into what women thought would make them happy and they were wrong. God designed us to be adventurers, providers, hunters and builders by nature and I'm pretty sure he knows a little bit better then the stupid feminist out there burning their bras.

I highly suggest men read Wild at Heart, a good book for Christian men. have your wife read it too.

My parents raised me to be a man and I am. My wife loves me because I am a man and she respects the differences between us. gojubrian, be the man I'm sure that you are, find support in your girl and tell the rest of the world to take a hike!

ACES 6 07-30-2009 02:32 PM

It's all part of the new, apologetic, self-deprecating destiny that has been predetermined by a bunch of metro-sexual, NPR-listening, pink shirt wearing sensitive guys who can't help but feel responsible for all of the world's calamities. From slavery to global warming, this new breed of assh*le feels personally responsible for it all. Of course, he also makes up the majority of the 25 to 54 year-old marketing audience and, as such, we ALL get hammered with advertising messages targeting these guys and their "independent, hyphenated last named wives" who also feel that white guys are a societal malignancy.

I'm a white, educated, carnivorous, 37 year old heterosexual male who grew up getting all his school clothes at a feedstore. I like country music, I love Jesus, I'm a veteran and a Texas Conservative Blue Dog. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am apparently a rare breed.

I graduated from TCU, not Harvard, and it's been good enough for me - stupid white males... Whatever.

caniswalensis 07-30-2009 03:28 PM

I don't know that this is all that sinister. You guys may have a point, but I am just not sure.

Here's how I look at it:
  • People like funny things, so funny commercials are successful.
  • Stupid is funny.
  • Most people on the tv are white.
So the odds are good that you will see a lot of depictions of stupid white guys.

This has been going on for a long time, though. Seems like most of Chevy Chase's movies depend on him acting like a dolt.

Even back in "the good ol' days" when men were men and there was no TV, a lot of classic radio comedies revolved around the character of the incompetent male. That was definately back before political correctness came along.

Like I said, i am not sure, mostly I am just thinking out loud here.

Regards, Canis

OC357 07-30-2009 04:05 PM

Just pull out your NAAWP Race Card and call the broadcasting station and tell them you are Jesse Whiteman and are offended and.........oh wait ....there is no NAAWP...I forgot to take a can of my medicine this morning.

Jo da Plumbr 07-30-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OC357 (Post 136940)
Just pull out your NAAWP Race Card and call the broadcasting station and tell them you are Jesse Whiteman and are offended and.........oh wait ....there is no NAAWP...I forgot to take a can of my medicine this morning.

That's it right there. You want to do a funny commercial, but who can you make fun of. Everyone is so touchy about racism and sexism, white guys are the only ones with a sense of humor left. At least I still have a sense of humor which is why this stuff isn't bothering me. I laughed at the storage commercial with the guy asleep on the couch. I only wish I could sleep that sound.

Benning Boy 07-30-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Actually, there is, and of course it's a racist organization.

When have we had enough?

caniswalensis 07-30-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr (Post 136944)
At least I still have a sense of humor which is why this stuff isn't bothering me. I laughed at the storage commercial with the guy asleep on the couch.

+10, Joe.

Although all of my friends have a sense of humor, white or not. So I do not agree with your assertion that only white people have a sense of humor left.

Whatever their race is, some folks are just wound too tight.:)

robocop10mm 07-30-2009 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

There is actually a NAAWP. Unfortunately the president is David Duke so it is not something we should be involved with.

Affirmative action comedy. White males must be harrangued into submission to make up for the past.

On the other hand, stereotypes generally have some basis.