Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Whiskey afficianados (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/whiskey-afficianados-84748/)

locutus 02-21-2013 04:10 AM

Whiskey afficianados

You really should get an edition of "Whiskey Advocate."

I just finished reading it for the first time during the holidays.

What a great read for the lover of good whiskey!

Try it! You'll like it!:)

nitestalker 02-21-2013 04:27 AM

I like Scotch. While I was in Scotland I visited the National Whisky Museum Of Scotland. I was also able during my travels to visit many of the countries distillers. Many of the small local stills made some fine single malt never seen outside the country.:)

sputnik1988 02-21-2013 04:53 AM

Always been a bourbon guy myself, never had scotch, but considering my scotch/Irish heritage I probably should.

nitestalker 02-21-2013 05:13 AM

Sputnick88 I really enjoy a good Ky Bourbon. No problem here. The Scotch Irish who settled in Ky were trying to produce their Scotch when they made their first Bourbons.
The Japanese are the largest consumer of Scotch after the U.S. Japan owns a number of the Scotch Labels.

kytowboater 02-21-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik1988
Always been a bourbon guy myself, never had scotch, but considering my scotch/Irish heritage I probably should.

Have you done the bourbon trail yet? I'm wanting to this spring. My dad did it last year, said it was a real good time.

SSGSF 02-21-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kytowboater

Have you done the bourbon trail yet? I'm wanting to this spring. My dad did it last year, said it was a real good time.

I want to go on the bourbon trail too. I know I would have fun.

steadyshot 02-21-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1146746)
Sputnick88 I really enjoy a good Ky Bourbon. No problem here. The Scotch Irish who settled in Ky were trying to produce their Scotch when they made their first Bourbons.
The Japanese are the largest consumer of Scotch after the U.S. Japan owns a number of the Scotch Labels.

95% of all bourbon is distilled and aged in Kentucky.

nicklarimore 02-21-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steadyshot

95% of all bourbon is distilled and aged in Kentucky.

100% of bourbon is made and aged in ky. It's a stipulation to be able to put bourbon on the label.

Gatoragn 02-21-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicklarimore (Post 1146825)
100% of bourbon is made and aged in ky. It's a stipulation to be able to put bourbon on the label.

That is why Jack Daniels is known as Tennessee sippin' whiskey

Knob Creek, Maker's Mark and Woodford Reserve all trip my trigger. :cool:

danf_fl 02-21-2013 10:58 AM

Let me get this straight....
You are suggesting that I pick up a book, and read it, to determine which whiskey I like best?

I prefer my method of taste testing.:)