Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   While In WM Yesterday (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/while-wm-yesterday-94813/)

Ruger_Nut 08-01-2013 04:00 PM

While In WM Yesterday
 
My local WM is again stocking AR/M4 rifles. They had 2 Bushmasters and 2 Sig Sauers. The BM was $977 and the Sig was $817.

Bigcountry02 08-01-2013 05:02 PM

Most of the LGS's and the chain stores in my area are full with various types of AR's, AK's, etc. Also, magazines are getting stocked up as well.

Ammo is on a slow up tick.

Ruger_Nut 08-01-2013 05:19 PM

Do you think the "panic buyers" are regretting their purchase's about 4-6 months ago? :D

Bigcountry02 08-01-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut (Post 1322667)
Do you think the "panic buyers" are regretting their purchase's about 4-6 months ago? :D

I stayed on the sidelines when this was happening!

YES! YES!

The $100+ 30 round PMAG purchase folks made.

trip286 08-01-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut (Post 1322667)
Do you think the "panic buyers" are regretting their purchase's about 4-6 months ago? :D

I bet many are. My local outdoors shop is no longer taking in used AR's. To many on the market, and they're refusing to give more than 80% MSRP. They've pissed a lot of people off by not giving them $1500 for their used carbon 15s, to the point of actually having to have one guy removed by the police.

This store doesn't have the space on the shelves. They're laying the use ones on the floor after holding them for 30 days on the stock room. And...THEY CAN'T SEEM TO SELL THEM OFF!!!

JW357 08-01-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut
Do you think the "panic buyers" are regretting their purchase's about 4-6 months ago? :D

I was at a gun show in Sacramento a few months ago and there was a guy buying a plain-Jane AR, I believe he said he saw the same gun back in November for $700. He paid $3000 at that gun show.

At the time I thought they were going to be banned too. So I figured it was an investment if he can afford it.

Hind sight is always 20/20.

Ruger_Nut 08-19-2013 11:32 AM

While in WM this past weekend I saw that they added even more selections of the AR/M4. They now have a couple of Colt LE models and a Ruger.
I think the dry spell is over! Now, if the ammo situation can catch up........:confused:

texaswoodworker 08-19-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1322688)
I bet many are. My local outdoors shop is no longer taking in used AR's. To many on the market, and they're refusing to give more than 80% MSRP. They've pissed a lot of people off by not giving them $1500 for their used carbon 15s, to the point of actually having to have one guy removed by the police.

This store doesn't have the space on the shelves. They're laying the use ones on the floor after holding them for 30 days on the stock room. And...THEY CAN'T SEEM TO SELL THEM OFF!!!

I like hearing this. It means two things.

Cheap guns and parts are going the be round soon, and the azzholes who drove up the prices by buying guns/ammo to resell at a premium are going to get what they deserve.

BTW, the WallyWorlds around here have had ARs for quite a while. :D

trip286 08-19-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 1339985)
I like hearing this. It means two things.

Cheap guns and parts are going the be round soon, and the azzholes who drove up the prices by buying guns/ammo to resell at a premium are going to get what they deserve.

BTW, the WallyWorlds around here have had ARs for quite a while. :D

Oh yeah, they're getting what they deserve, $2-3K in losses for being a dumbass and driving the rest of us crazy with their shenanigans.

And yeah, my local Wallywhirl has had a few ARs for a while now. I just didn't see it worth mentioning as the local outdoors store is SWAMPED with used ones.

I'm kinda pissed at Academy though. They're still keeping theirs in the back, because of their political correctness.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.