Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Whew! Dodged a bullet!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/whew-dodged-bullet-27170/)

ScottG 05-14-2010 10:39 PM

Whew! Dodged a bullet!!!
 
Great news from Hollyweird! NBC has passed on a remake of the Rockford Files!!! Bunch of halfwit no talent hacks can't come up with any original ideas anymore.

James Garner = Jim Rockford

No one else.

skullcrusher 05-14-2010 11:41 PM

I agree, Scott. I can't think of anyone nowdays who might be able to pull it off. I also agree that they have very few actually creative movie makers these days. Remakes rarely go well, especially when they take television shows and make a movie from that.

If they did a Rockford, Jr. Files, maybe.

WDB 05-15-2010 02:42 AM

I saw a promo for the A Team movie. That was cheesy in it's day, always a car/truck gets blown into the air and the people in it walk away, tons of rounds fired but they never hit anyone...if they did it was the shoulder shot that healed before the next comercial break. Ended the same way "I love it when a plan come together". Saved some poor soul with masive firepower but no one got hurt.

Digging up the old and stupid because they can't form an orginal thought.

CA357 05-15-2010 04:48 AM

I completely agree Scott. There is only one Jim Rockford and that's James Garner.

doctherock 05-15-2010 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDB (Post 285121)
I saw a promo for the A Team movie. That was cheesy in it's day, always a car/truck gets blown into the air and the people in it walk away, tons of rounds fired but they never hit anyone...if they did it was the shoulder shot that healed before the next comercial break. Ended the same way "I love it when a plan come together". Saved some poor soul with masive firepower but no one got hurt.

Digging up the old and stupid because they can't form an orginal thought.

next comes Magnum P.I., followed closely by Simon and Simon and hell bring back Dallas too. Im just kidding by the way.

freefall 05-15-2010 05:51 AM

So who the heck goes to these re-make movies anyway? I thought I'd seen it all when they did The Flintstones and The Beverly Hillbillies. Not that I've seen either. But jeez, don't these buttplugs have a creative bone in their bodies? I wasn't all that high on these shows the first time around, but to watch somebody try to camp up a redux? Barf. However, maybe an x-rated Gilligans Island:rolleyes:

Major Kusanagi 05-15-2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctherock (Post 285178)
next comes Magnum P.I., followed closely by Simon and Simon and hell bring back Dallas too. Im just kidding by the way.

Quiet you! Regardless whether you are kidding or not you shouldn't say those things. You may actually just jinxed those shows and inspired the 'tards in Hollywood to do such a thing! :mad:

doctherock 05-15-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Kusanagi (Post 285198)
Quiet you! Regardless whether you are kidding or not you shouldn't say those things. You may actually just jinxed those shows and inspired the 'tards in Hollywood to do such a thing! :mad:

I retract my foolishness.

jeepcreep927 05-15-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDB (Post 285121)
I saw a promo for the A Team movie. That was cheesy in it's day, always a car/truck gets blown into the air and the people in it walk away, tons of rounds fired but they never hit anyone...if they did it was the shoulder shot that healed before the next comercial break. Ended the same way "I love it when a plan come together". Saved some poor soul with masive firepower but no one got hurt.

Digging up the old and stupid because they can't form an orginal thought.

I agree that movies based off 80's tv shows are lame, but Jeezuz, easy on the A Team please? I am already fragile and you're ruining my childhood memories of Mr. T and AC 556's spewing brass out of a not so inconspicuous black and red van...

Shihan 05-15-2010 04:44 PM

What about Cagney and Lacey starring Jessica Biel and Kristen Bell?


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:39 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.