where will you be buried? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > where will you be buried?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 755 Times on 589 Posts

if it wasnt for discussing burial procedure and prepping beforehand....my uncle would not have had his last will respected.
being he was a navy vet, he requested to be buried at sea.
the family had no clue as to how to do it until they remembered me down in va.
i got a call and went into action.
his remains were flown down to the pier from ct, and put on board uss stennius and he was buried off the iraqi coast in persian gulf with honors.
never would have happened if it wasnt discussed while living.

granted, generations forget generations over time....but i want to be marked and i.d'ed until the next coming. if it wasnt important, we as a nation wouldnt have an unknown soldiers grave in dc.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 09-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #42
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1100 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Burried? Stuffed. Too bad I will not be around to see certain parts hard again. Lol

Old 09-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #43
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1030 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Mom and Dad have very good friend who has had season tickets for the browns for 30+ years. She bought a gravesite in a graveyard that the football Hall of Fame parade passes every year. Her plot is right up by the road.

Her reason: "I want to be there when Bernie Kosar goes into the Hall of Fame and I know I will have been dead a long time before that happens"

At the rate I am going it will be a paupers grave for me.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #44
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7412 Times on 4456 Posts
Likes Given: 9170

A girlfriend of mine had her die hard Cub's fans Mom's ashes scattered on the warning track in Wrigley field. The stadium officials allow it and help organize the family event.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #45

Liked 755 Times on 589 Posts

ive been walked on enough alive, to a point i wouldnt want anyone walking on my remains at a ball field!
just the thought of me being picked out of someones cleets just doesnt sit right with me....lol.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

People Like This 
Old 09-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #46

Liked 158 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Oh forgot to add, I certainly do NOT want a sad weepy funeral. I want people to have a celebration of life, have a few cold ones and remember the good times.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #47
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9210 Times on 3974 Posts
Likes Given: 1441

Read an obit in a local paper. In lieu of funeral, friends were invited to their cabin on the river for drinks and remembrances. At sunset the ashes of the departed were to be loaded in "his favorite cannon" and fired out over the river.

I just like the idea of having a "favorite cannon."

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 09-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #48

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Read an obit in a local paper. In lieu of funeral, friends were invited to their cabin on the river for drinks and remembrances. At sunset the ashes of the departed were to be loaded in "his favorite cannon" and fired out over the river.

I just like the idea of having a "favorite cannon."
My ex wife's uncle had a cannon he named after his wife. He had his ashes packed and fired over the town he lived in, straight down main street wherever.

Your almost local to her area, and are great at looking things up. It was a town in the eastern pan handle of West Virginia or a nearby town in Maryland. I'd recognize the name and the town if you happen to come across it. She don't talk to me anymore, not that I'm complaining. Unless she needs something of course...but I'd rather hear her beg than bitch, so I still ain't complaining.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #49

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1248

Im a guy that's wants my ashes in the big blue pond. I told my wife just throw me in the river Ill make it.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #50
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2623 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 1308

My wife and I had been tossing this decision around for several years. Then a couple of thoughts came to mind. First of all the funeral home business is a legalized theft at the emotions of loved ones. A funeral can cost as much as $20,000 which sucks the life $$$$ out of an insurance policy that the money could be of better use going to the family. As stated our soul has already journeyed into the spiritual world with our creator. The other when we die it not hard to realize this old body is just a vessel as it is then filled with chemicals and put in the ground not that it totally preserves what is left. If you do not believe it check some pictures. I was involved with an exhumation in the past and what a shocker! Ashes to ashes dust to dust! So it is cremation for us! And we will be scattered here at home in the hills of Tennessee on the ground and around the woods where our pet sematary is. All of my labs and our loved loyal animals are buried there in peace and tranquility and they each have their own statues, trees and flowers growing there. To replenish the earth and nutrients for the wildlife and ecosystem. And the best part, much less cost to the family. They are still living working hard and trying to survive life! Every little bit helps!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Anna_Purna Likes This