where will you be buried? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > where will you be buried?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 03:27 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
There is a finite amount of land. At some point, we must consider ending the ritual of burying our dead.
This is already going on in some places. In some coastal areas where the water table is really high, you literally RENT a burial plot for a set amount of time. The moisture pretty much disposes of your body.

I understand the concept of having a place for people to visit. But it makes no difference to me. I look at buried loved ones as rotting husks of organic matter. Once the body is dead, whatever made them the person you loved, is gone.

I've heard the religious aspect too, and coming from those of the same faith I have. I got into an argument with my grandfather over it. He believed a body should be kept whole for the rapture, and anything else is blasphemy if it's intentional, because a cremated body can't be raptured. I pointed out to him, "in our faith, is there anything God can't do?"

If anyone believes the miracles of the bible (and don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to preach here), then why can they not believe that God will make their body whole when he calls you home?

Disposal of rotting husks of organic matter make no difference to me. I just don't want no damn Lincoln hearse. I'd honestly rather be carried to the cemetery in a prius. But I prefer a big finned Cadillac.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:37 AM   #32
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7923 Times on 4289 Posts
Likes Given: 16797

No one visits dead relatives more than a few generations back. After that, they are just ancestors in a family tree. There is simply no connection with people we never met.
We might visit the grave of a fallen hero or historical icon, but none of our names will be written in history books.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #33
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7960 Times on 4779 Posts
Likes Given: 10220

I rarely visit my Mother's grave. When I get there I think, "Why am I here?" I feel as close to my Mother every day as I am standing at her grave.

People Like This 
Old 09-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #34

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

All Grave Yards and Golf Courses should be turned into Shooting Ranges.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1374 Times on 934 Posts
Likes Given: 1502

No Where !................

When all else fails.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #36

Liked 713 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

In a Pine box in the woods for all I care, as many have said, a body is a vessel... Once life has left it that person is gone.

I also have no desire to be buried with valuables, if can't take them with me they do me no good.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 09-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #37
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7162 Times on 3626 Posts
Likes Given: 7924

I told my wife I want to be cremated and tossed in the stream I grew up fishing on, she swears she wont do it but that would be my choice.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #38

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
No one visits dead relatives more than a few generations back. After that, they are just ancestors in a family tree. There is simply no connection with people we never met.
We might visit the grave of a fallen hero or historical icon, but none of our names will be written in history books.
You are absolutely right! I used to work as a gravedigger at a cemetery that had been around since the 1800's, and no one really visited the oldest section. For those of you who want your ashes scattered, or have loved ones asking you to scatter them, make sure you follow local laws, there were Hefty fines for not following burial permits!

Old 09-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1867 Times on 814 Posts
Likes Given: 1412

A funeral is for the living. So I will let them decide. There is a cemetary a couple miles from my house where most of my family that have passed recide. More than likely it would be there. If I get cremated I want my ashes scattered on Black Bear Pass in Colorado.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3343 Times on 1908 Posts
Likes Given: 2180

Cremated & ashes scattered along the Continental Divide in Colorado. My a$$ will flow down stream to the Atlantic & Pacific oceans & eventually all around the world.