Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Where were YOU- on 9/11?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1171 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 72

I was putting a contract together for some steel purchases when one of the people who worked for me ran into my office and said to get on CNN on the computor. Saw the second plane hit.

We had people at a customer's power plant in Massachusets. Took them a week to get back. Another guy I knew was at a sales meeting in LA. They could not rent a car, none left. Three of them bought a Caddy off a used car lot with an AMEX and drove it back to Massachusets. Sold it, paid off American Express and the expense account was happy.

I will say that contract did not get finished that day, and not a drop of other work got done.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

I was at work in Brockton Massachusetts pouring a concrete floor. Myself and my whole crew were dumbfounded. Most of my crew had served in the armed forces and the first words out of one of their mouths was "we are going to war". I remember going home after work and just sitting in front of the tv covered in concrete trying to fathom how this could happen to the greatest nation in tue world.

In July of this year my wife and I took a trip to NYC for our 5th anniversary. We went to see the memorial at ground zero. You have to pass through airport style security and reserve tickets. I remember walking into the large courtyard and the base of the new tower they are building. Its beautiful and sad at the same time. Lots of people crying and leaving flowers. They have two 30ft waterfalls built on the exact foundation holes of the twin towers with everyones names that perished in the attacks cut out of bronze around the waterfalls. The names are grouped by flight or tower or in the firefighter and police officers case what precint or engine number. I remember one of the names on flight 93 (i think) was a womans name followed by "and her unborn child". When I read that i choked up a little bit and I was instantly angry. It was such a senseless act of violence.

Newest Threads