Where were YOU- on 9/11? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Where were YOU- on 9/11?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I was at home staring stupidly at the TV.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #12

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I was on a 16th story rooftop on Siesta Key, FL. My partner and I were working on the condo AC systems listening to everything unfold. George W. Bush was at a Sarasota elementary school reading to children that morning. My partner and I watched 2 f16 fighters take off from the Sarasota airport , followed by Airforce 1. I will never forget seeing those aircraft take off.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #13

Liked 1102 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I was at my old job in a Nissan dealership. I was at the service counter and heard a customer scream, so we ran into the waiting room. We asked what was wrong and she said a plane just crashed into the first tower. I wasn't even thinking it was a terrorist attack, so I went back to the counter and then she screamed again. That's when the 2nd plane crashed!! That's when we said WTF is going on. That is a real eye opener when you start seeing **** like that.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1172 Times on 714 Posts
Likes Given: 515

I was in a bank lobby in Killeen, TX and feeling fortunate not to have been caught on Post when they locked down Ft. Hood!

Old 09-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #15

Liked 1177 Times on 763 Posts
Likes Given: 2063

I will never forget it , I was in my archery shop fletching up a dozen arrows for a customer , I had the TV on and it came on , Was a very devestating moment I will never forget

Old 09-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #16

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts

In computer class. I was a volunteer fire fighter and my pager went off in class because I forgot to turn it off. Our company had been put on alert ad call incase we were needed. That's how I found out along with everyone in the class room. It was scary. Edit I lived in Strasburg Va just out side of the DC area.

Last edited by cvia; 09-11-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #17

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I was at work repairing circuit cards from our line of slot machines. Our supervisor was watching his mini-television and told us about the first plane hitting. We all thought he was full of bulls**t, but he turned the TV our way. Just about that time, the second airliner hit. We all stopped what we were doing and watched the newscast for the rest of our shift. When the "order" came down to halt all air traffic, the situation here in Las Vegas was very eerie. Flights enter and leave McCarran airport 24/7 and there were always aircraft flying over our building. For the next few days, while at work or home, having empty skies was just too odd to really get a grasp on.

Never forget this travesty. Honor the American heroes of Flight 93, who prevented that aircraft from reaching its probable target. Honor those American heroes, the service personnel, who without any regard to their own safety, entered the burning World Trade Center towers to assist in the rescue of countless people.

Where were YOU- on 9/11? - The Club House

Now I'll do everything in my limited power to help prevent any further cowardly terrorist attacks anywhere I live.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #18

Liked 1963 Times on 1034 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Was drilling for underground gas tanks when someone said a plane just hit the WTC...Not a week earlier had watched a show on History aobut a WW2 fighter hitting the Empire State Building and thought to myself...interesting concidence...

When the second plane hit, the jobsite shut itself down as everyone was gathered around the radio. By noon, the blasters were told to pull what shots they had loaded immediately, go back to the magazines, unload the powder and stay put, ATF was sending guards, one for each magazine.

They sent everyone home, most of the company was from NY and although we were in NC at the time, everyone was worried about everyone else so wasn't much getting done that day.

The ATF stayed at the magazines for 3 days IIRC 24/7 and we couldn't access any powder, so no work for the rest of the week for the most part...

Lots of emotions that day that I'd like to forget, but never will...

Old 09-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #19

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I was working in the prison, i was getting off at 8am and i was waiting for my relief to show up. The inmates tv room was straight across from my office and an inmate came in and told me that an airplane had just hit one of the towers. I then started wondering how an accident like that could happen. It didnt seem like another minute had gone by and the same inmate came back in and told me that another airplane had just hit the other tower. I immediately knew then that it was a terrorist attack, i was relieved by the other officer then i went home and turned the tv on and right then one of the towers fell followed by the other shortly after. I will never forget that day

Old 09-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #20

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 409

I was in school in Staten Island, the 5th borough in the city they call it. My Grandmother and Grandfather were at work in Manhattan. I was told they were evacuating the area as soon as possible. They have worked on Wall Street for over 20 years and I just remember the TV's acting very strangely that evening.

Now whenever I cross over to downtown it reminds me of that day. It always gets me.