This is where we're moving May 1st - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > This is where we're moving May 1st

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
We had hoped to be out of California, (or at least I did, keep reading) but this is the next best thing. The truth of the matter is that a move out of state is financially impossible for us at this time and we desperately want to leave the city.

More importantly, I have intuited that my wife doesn't really want to move far from where she has lived all of her life. She hasn't actually said anything, but I know, and her happiness trumps everything else.
Well it does look nice, friendly, and homey. I'm sure you'll like it and your bride will like you more for taking her there. Have fun.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Looks like a hell of a lot better place than where you call home right now brother. Best of luck with the move!!

If you need anything, other than another strong back because I hate moving, you know where I am at.

JD

Old 04-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #13

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Beautiful. Looks like there's a big wine culture there, which is always good!

Old 04-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #14

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Let me know how it works out. I will be moving over to The States in the next 3 to 5 years. I will be retiring anyone got any sugestions.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It's a gorgeous area, and yes it's getting yuppiefied, but it's still one of the most conservative areas in CA. That whole 49'er area is the closest you can get to not living in CA and still live in CA.

Unfortunately even if I were to have a desire to move back to that area, I couldn't afford it. Everyone trying to escape Sacatomato and the Gay Area have driven the prices through the roof the last 20 years! I see a house my Dad sold in that area in 89 for $380K is on the market for $540K now.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 04-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #16

Liked 330 Times on 221 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Don, glad to see you've found a place there. I've had alot of relatives living in Amador County for a very long time and I do visit there often to see them. I think you'll find that for the most part the natives there are the furthest thing form being Yuppies. Most of them are the moderate to conservitive types.

Now for the tourist types, yes, alot of them are of the Yuppie variety and you do have the motor bike types. These folks are mostly passing through taking a weekend trip / ride with their ladys to spend their money in those little scattered around tourist shops throughout Sutter Creek and close surrounding areas and go home. Weekend traffic can get thick there at times due to tourists and folks passing through taking a drive. They usually drive very slow. Also, CHP in Amador county are real sticklers when it comes to speed limits. Not that I think you'll have a problem with that but I pass it along just FYI. I've got a couple of tickets in the past in Amador County for just a few MPH over the posted limit.

The one other good thing about moving there is that you'll probably be as close or even closer in travel time to Sac. Valley than from Sacramento.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:58 PM   #17

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Been there a few times. Great little town with plenty of friendly and nice folks that just want to work and be happy.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:22 AM   #18

Likes Given: 2

Nice! Congrats

Old 04-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #19

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Don

That looks like a quaint, cozy little town. Best of luck to you and the Mrs.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 04-04-2011, 01:26 AM   #20

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Congrats CA, any move out of town is a step in the right direction. I'm getting ready to move out of the metropolis of Wasilla my own self.