Where are the sex offen.... erm I mean gun permit holders in your neighborhood? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Where are the sex offen.... erm I mean gun permit holders in your neighborhood?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Luckily I live in a free state where activity such as this is illegal.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #12

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Don't rub it in.

Because you are in a free state, and do not have to fight these battles at home, maybe shoot an email to someone in those counties that made this info public domain.

-Matt

Last edited by Blueguns; 12-24-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #13

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 367

I just sent emails with links to both the NRA and GOA advising a alert to their members in these locations the may have just been targeted.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #14

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Mine too. I remember reading in the state statutes that the CCW database is not allowed to be used for anything but to warehouse CCW holders information. Its not allowed to be sold or give/shared to any other government agency. I was looking for it again the other day but wasn't able to find it before my ADD kicked in and I started reading another article.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ كفري

Old 12-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #15
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1606 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 8495

Unfortunately, this is perfectly legal in NY. There is a master list, which is a matter of public record, in Albany. The representatives in my area are trying to fight this, but NYC has the majority of representatives in Albany. Hopefully, when the new batch takes office they will have a better chance of ending this crap.

The list, which is available online, is acutally a benefit on my road. There is only one person on the street who does not have a pistol permit, and I just mailed in her reference letter this morning. So did the 2 retired NY State Troopers, and the town judge who live up the road from her. The only place where a gun does not live on my street is the hospital down the street. As far as that goes, we have one hell of a neighborhood watch. The police rarely have to show up here, and the residents take care of each other.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 12-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9153 Times on 3953 Posts
Likes Given: 1432

Yes, there are several threads on this already. Legal depends on the law where YOU are- and it does vary. NOT legal here in VA.

In return some folks that disapprove of this have posted the name, address, phone number, Google Earth maps and photos of the homes of the NEWSPAPER STAFF that wrote this crap.

THEY do not seem to like THAT a lot. Works for me.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 12-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #17
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6325 Times on 3156 Posts
Likes Given: 6813

Its insane to "out" legal gun owners like felons. They are trying to start a damn war and the sheep following those leading the charge against legal weapons ownership don't have the same protections as those they are outing or them they follow that have police forces hired to protect them! BHO's kids get 11 armed guards at their school but yours gets none! Try to enter Coumos workplace or home with or without a weapon uninvited and see how far you get! They give us 911 as the universal answer to distress when they are protected by much more effective and instantaneous number solutions like 9 MM, 357 Magnum, 45 ACP, 50 Cal and other less than phone a friend hopeless/ helpless requests for a Coroner and a body bag!

Just keep dialing 911 make sure you say help allot, that works. I myself reserve the right to "dial in" my shotgun on the gourd of anyone that puts me or my family at risk of bodily harm, I will dial 911 after the emergency passes (away)....

Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #18

Liked 1784 Times on 924 Posts
Likes Given: 1354

Licenses are on the public record. It’s how you know someone is competent to practice medicine, fix your plumbing (In some cases the same thing), or any number of other trades and services. In this case it’s how the police and public know that a judge or somebody has signed off on you having a handgun because, in theory, a background check was done and you’re an okay guy. I don’t think it ever occurred to anyone to make this particular type of license confidential.

Now there is a law in NYS against making firearms licenses public, and access to their data for police and their agencies only. It was passed just this last February. See the link in ‘Forget about irresponsible, is this even legal?’ Post #36. I don’t think many counties are familiar with this exception to the license protocol. I bet they will be now though.

Last edited by Vincine; 12-28-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #19

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

http://www.notablog.info/2012/12/the-next-civil-war.html?m=1

Interesting take on the new awb. We will be registered like sex offenders.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
That's a map for home invasions if you ask me. Bad guy needs a gun, here's a free map to find where to break in to get one. There has to be some sort of law suit here.
Agreed! That's crazy.....

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."