Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Where are the sex offen.... erm I mean gun permit holders in your neighborhood?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 257 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 362

Default Where are the sex offen.... erm I mean gun permit holders in your neighborhood?

interactive NY map outs and treats gun permit holders like sex offenders

That's right. Complete with name and address of permit holder. If I were in new york I'd be doing something about this. Infact I'm going to anyways.

Now crooks can see who is armed where you live and know you have handguns so they can stakeout ur house for some good ol' sandy hook retribution or maybe cutting torch your safe open . the possibilities are endless.

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/article/20121223/NEWS01/121221011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-?gcheck=1

Im on the phone with the paper now and the operator is like " oh no I dont know why that is .. let me see why thats up there. " Im going to attempt to have this page taken down

Last edited by Gh0zt36; 12-24-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #2

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

This will become a night mare for states that release this information. It is a matter of time before a Left Wing Wacko kills a family that owns a firearm. These cowards will setting homes on fire at night.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #3

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

There isn't laws about this? You would thank it would be illegal to throw a law abiding citizen's info out like that.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That's a map for home invasions if you ask me. Bad guy needs a gun, here's a free map to find where to break in to get one. There has to be some sort of law suit here.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #5

Liked 3679 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

I'd LO EFFING L at this... Then put up a sign in my front yard.

I AM ARMED... MY NEIGHBORS ARE NOT.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 
Old 12-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #6

Liked 3679 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Edit to add... Here is your response to those seeking 'registration schemes.'

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 12-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #7

No luck. Call ended with . This is all public information and our editor decided to put that information up there . I told her she's treating law abiding citizens like sex offenders and aiding and abbeding criminals by making their job of finding houses to rob as easy as possible. She basically said " no sir were not this is public information. where as before she spoke to her editor she was all " Oh thats terrible let me see why were doing that "

Old 12-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I'd LO EFFING L at this... Then put up a sign in my front yard.

I AM ARMED... MY NEIGHBORS ARE NOT.
I was wondering this too. Maybe this will backfire and these whiny liberal jagoffs mighta just shot themselves in the foot . Meaning : They may have just inadvertantly made a map of houses to avoid being shot at .

I just think it's disgusting they are treating law abiding citizens like sex offenders. They have a similar map for those sickos too that tells where they live.

Last edited by Gh0zt36; 12-24-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 993 Times on 584 Posts
Likes Given: 311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
No luck. Call ended with . This is all public information and our editor decided to put that information up there . I told her she's treating law abiding citizens like sex offenders and aiding and abbeding criminals by making their job of finding houses to rob as easy as possible. She basically said " no sir were not this is public information. where as before she spoke to her editor she was all " Oh thats terrible let me see why were doing that "
I think these people should be treated just like sex offenders, NEITHER of them should be on a list.

Seriously though, I doubt that a list of homes WITH guns in them is going to be a target for thieves. If anything I would think a smart burglar might check this list after finding a home to target to reduce the chance of a run in with an armed homeowner.

I don't want to put a snarky sign saying my neighbors are unarmed on my door but I would have no problems putting up a sticker that says, I have firearms and will defend myself and my family if threatened.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

bluez Likes This 
Old 12-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I think these people should be treated just like sex offenders, NEITHER of them should be on a list.

Seriously though, I doubt that a list of homes WITH guns in them is going to be a target for thieves. If anything I would think a smart burglar might check this list after finding a home to target to reduce the chance of a run in with an armed homeowner.

I don't want to put a snarky sign saying my neighbors are unarmed on my door but I would have no problems putting up a sticker that says, I have firearms and will defend myself and my family if threatened.
Or stake the house out until homeowners leave , bring a small cutting torch and jackpot.